What's new

thac0 is whacko! (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
OK gamers. I'm calling you out of your eight-sided closets and starting a thread about Dungeons & Dragons (not the movie) and other RPG's.

Is there an online refrence anywhere for finding local gamers in search of other gamers? I've decided to give D&D another go after many years of having a real life, but all my fellow gamers moved, died, or quit. :frowning:

Bree-yark!

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
:)

I played online a few times, using webRPG. (All text with rnd # generators and a rudimentary map tool used by the DM) It was pretty fun. There are several web campaigns available, the one I was on was Thardferr. It was ok, but difficult to find players who could stick to it for more than one or two sessions.

I tried long ago to DM a HTF campaign. I have a world/campaign created and more. THere was only two indications of interest, and it fell apart fast.

I have come to the conclusion think that web AD+D will only work with people who already knew each other before hand. Sadly.

E

Eric Kahn

There is somthing similar to D&D on the Web, they are called MUDs
the one I play is called 3K, short for 3 Kingdons
website is www.3k.org
it has been online for over 11 years and is all text based
it is based loosely on the original D&D game system

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Damn, I remember, in college, sitting on a WYSE370 terminal, playing TEXT based MUDS and MUCKS. Ah, that was online gaming.. and then Sun Sparc came out with Faceball and XTrek.. how I wasted the days on that ;)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I still run a good ol pen-n-paper D&D game now and then. Not that I admit it in public. ;)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

Duh.. Forums on the websites of the game's own company.. duh duh

I am so F'in stupid sometimes not to think of this stuff. :b

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I had my wife playing pen n' paper D&D a while ago with my old highschool buddies. But um, let's just say, I don't talk to my old friend who was DMing anymore. And then they both moved across the country to party in California anyway. Before that game, I hadn't played in like 5 years (ever since I started college).

I was watching Freaks and Geeks with Stacey last night (she bought the show, I've seen about 1/3 of it). The last ep involved D&D, and she was like "I miss playing D&D".

But we don't really know anyone around here anymore to play. I guess I'm a nerd, but not hardcore enough to know all the gamers 'round here, if you know what I mean. We don't even know enough people to get a good 4-player game of Mariokart going! :frowning:

We're going to go to a Mediaplay anime meeting thing at our semi-local store next month if we can, so maybe we'll find some decent D&Ders there.

I found a forum linked to from the Wizards forum called RPG Gamer classified, to find local DnDers. -

http://boards1.wizards.com/forumdisp...s=&forumid=347

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
No no no, I mean my D&D playing buddies moved across the country! I made the saving throw to keep the wife! :D

Earl_Z

Auditioning
You should check out Neverwinter Nights by Bioware, it's about as close as you can get on the computer to D&D, including a full toolset to create modules and a DM running around, if your so inclined. Neverwinter Vault, (can't post URLs yet) has alot of good info about the program, and the Bioware forums, while mainly focused on the computer game, does have alot of threads about PnP D&D.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Reminds me of one of the best bumper stickers I've ever heard of...

I love it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks