What's new

Target B2G1 Free DVD/BR Sale (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
About time, LOL...

_Man_
Here's hoping you get what you order ...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sale is now live, but it seems to be select items -- a lot of them, but some groups or titles aren't allowed.

I had one specific key item released several weeks ago that I wanted and of course it's one of the items not included.
Yeah, I'm sitting this Target sale out. I might place one order, but that's quite a bit down from my previous activity in prior Target sales.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Fortunately, the majority of what I wanted *is* included so have placed several orders. They've also PMed several BF titles and have them in the sale so it's an even better deal (those $10 titles are now ~$7).

So far there have been only two things I really (really) wanted, and got up at 2am to place the order, which are not included: The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriett - Seasons 7 and 8. Hopefully that'll change at some point during the week but if not there's always next time.

Between Gruv and Target I've barely used Amazon for media this year. I think 4 or 5 titles tops. I've not used BB at all for various reasons - mostly because they closed the local store after the mall it was in got hit by a tornado and haven't reopened or rebuilt after promising the community they'd be back within a year - that was 3 years ago...

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Thor: Love and Thunder and Lightyear both in 4K are still $15 and are included in the B2G1 sale.

Those were on my second tier list of titles, I had a hard time finding a third item, but finally figured out that I didn't have VENOM Carnage so at $17 it wasn't too bad of a group.

The #1 thing i wanted was the Columbia Classics V3 boxset. I picked up V1 and V2 during these B2G1 sales so figured there was a good chance it would be included, but no dice.
$70-75 per set would have been a killer deal plus one set for a Christmas Gift and I'd have found someone here to take the 3rd set cheap or strip it for parts and sell the individual pieces to those who only wanted 1-2 things.

The brand new Sony 30th Anniversary Set (technically it's still a preorder) is included so it's not Sony, Boxset, or price that's the reason for not including it.
Not really helpful to me in past sales, but apparently a lot of Criterion sets people used to get for under 50% aren't included this time. If the filter is working, only 55 of the 450 Criterion BD available on Target are part of the B2G1 sale

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Seems not a whole lot going for me in this sale w/ so much excluded and Gruv (and BB) getting the lion's share of my bizz so far -- Amazon's just PMing others, including BB, as usual, and I'd rather just order from wherever they PM instead.

Still, I should very likely have a small handful of titles ordered from this sale (using the various GCs and Target Circle rewards/bonuses I've collected earlier this year to pay for much of them) when all is said and done...

Was hoping they'd also make another Target Circle bonus offer in time for this sale (and their recurring $100 Apple GC deal) though... but nada so far...

_Man_

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Those were on my second tier list of titles, I had a hard time finding a third item, but finally figured out that I didn't have VENOM Carnage so at $17 it wasn't too bad of a group.

The #1 thing i wanted was the Columbia Classics V3 boxset. I picked up V1 and V2 during these B2G1 sales so figured there was a good chance it would be included, but no dice.
$70-75 per set would have been a killer deal plus one set for a Christmas Gift and I'd have found someone here to take the 3rd set cheap or strip it for parts and sell the individual pieces to those who only wanted 1-2 things.

The brand new Sony 30th Anniversary Set (technically it's still a preorder) is included so it's not Sony, Boxset, or price that's the reason for not including it.
Not really helpful to me in past sales, but apparently a lot of Criterion sets people used to get for under 50% aren't included this time. If the filter is working, only 55 of the 450 Criterion BD available on Target are part of the B2G1 sale
Some Criterions are showing "Limited Stock" or not indicated to be on sale. As before I've had to combine items from different vendors to find items that match the price points.
For Example:
1669004989090.png

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Sale just got even worse. A number of items were removed from the sale overnight.

Only 2 or 3 Criterions are now eligible.

There were some Preorders (most not Criterion) that were eligible yesterday and most of those are now ineligible. That's been a typical B2G1 thing that some preorders
will be allowed initially but get cleaned up pretty quickly. The Sony Anniversary Boxset (11/22 release) I mentioned a couple posts back now is not eligible

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Ouch! That's a bummer... Good thing I did at least manage to order the Double Indemnity 4K (amongst the small handful of interest available for this sale) yesterday before this happened.

Ah, well... their B2G1 sales were definitely great for (many of) the Criterions they carried (and WACs, et al before this) while that lasted... but looks like no more (even as the deal/sales itself has become less frequently recurring)...

I'll probably place one last order for a moderate size batch and then who knows after this sale...

_Man_

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sale just got even worse. A number of items were removed from the sale overnight.

Only 2 or 3 Criterions are now eligible.

There were some Preorders (most not Criterion) that were eligible yesterday and most of those are now ineligible. That's been a typical B2G1 thing that some preorders
will be allowed initially but get cleaned up pretty quickly. The Sony Anniversary Boxset (11/22 release) I mentioned a couple posts back now is not eligible
Not surprisingly which is why I placed my three orders yesterday after first thinking I wasn’t going to do so.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
While not a B2G1 sale Target is having a B1G1@50%. Expires 2/14/2023 (No Criterions appear to be available) There is also may be a one time use circle offer of $15 off $100.00 that can be combined eg:

Attachments

• 1675629524509.jpeg
    1675629524509.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The $15 off $100 may be a YMMV. My offer is 4x$80 purchases by Feb 24 for $20 Target Circle earnings.
It must be as the coinciding offer for me is 4 X 100 for $30.00 (GC)

1675656416565.png

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, they definitely seem to vary for different people. I didn't get the $15 off $100 offer, but my Target Circle Bonus offer is $15 reward for 2x$100 instead, which is reasonably achievable (as I'd probably never do 4x$100 or probably even 4x$80 in a 3-week stretch)... though I might still not get there if there's no B2G1 deal nor $100 Apple GC offer during this stretch -- interestingly, there is a $50 Apple GC offer this week, which I've never seen before, so that plus the B1G1@50% might get me to 1/2 of my bonus offer I guess... although none of the Criterion BDs seem available at all (as noted)...

_Man_

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I could *possibly* do a 2x$100 deal but there's no way I'm doing 4x$80 (my current offer). There's just not enough I remotely want - at least currently - to get that much spent. If this were a B2G1 sale then there's a reasonable possibility but not with a B1G1@50% off sale. All that one does is turn the current sale into a quasi B2G1 sale *if* you do nothing but sale items to make those purchases (though you have to purchase more stuff from Target to use the $$ credit so it's still not as good).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks