What's new

SVS PC-Ultra Vs. PB2-Plus (1 Viewer)

ArthurJ

Second Unit
Odd comparison, I know. I am guessing the PB2-Plus will play louder? What about musicality? Obviously the TV-12 driver used in the Ultra is off higher quality. Both are in similar price points, I’m just having a hard time distinguishing the trade-offs. Maybe I will list my goals and you guys will help me discern which sub is better for me…

- Musicality is “significantly” important as HT
- Shape and size is not of great importance, although I do prefer Box Woofers
- Quality is definitely of more importance to me then quantity

Other questions…

When is SVS going to release a PB1-Ultra?
Can you get the PB2-Plus in a wood veneer?

Thanks!

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I would go with the ultra then. But what size room do you have. The ultra driver is going to be "slightly" more musical. But not really by much. If you want more head room... a PB2+ would be better.

Dont know about a PB1 Ultra....

No you cannot get the PB2+ in wood.

terence

Supporting Actor
Hi ArthurJ,

I would shhot SVS an e-mail about your concerns and needs. They will not over sell you and help you find the right sub for your needs. Some have reported that the TV-12 (Ultra) has it own sonic signiture than the DB-12 (Plus) others say they sound the same until you get into reference levels and you will hear the difference between the two.

-How big is your room?

-How loud do you listen to movies and music?

-Do you have a budget?

BrianAe

Second Unit
The ultra includes some eq if thats important to you. An external eq with interconnects for the PB2+ would cost at least a couple hundred more.

TimRP

Stunt Coordinator
I was in the same boat, and went with the PC-Ultra over the PB2+ because I knew I would never need the power of the PB2+. And I liked the idea of a cylinder sub. And it was cheaper (I got in the pre-order waiting line; for additional $50 off the current price). Oh, and for what its worth my room is 12x19x8.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks