What's new

SVS driver (1 Viewer)

kevitra

Second Unit
I have an SVS 25-31 which I purchased on 09/01/2000. I am considering upgrading to the new (although not anymore) driver. I love my sub, but the upgrade is cheap and I have a possible use for the 'old' driver:

I was thinking that my car could use a little help in the low end. My head unit has great sub controls - variable xover and sub level so I figure I could make a box, add an amp and be set (the xover is better than in my 3802).

To build a box I would need the specs for the SVS driver. I am assuming this is something they don't give out? I don't want a huge tube in my trunk - something semi-compact would be preferred. I could just try one of the pre-made boxes at BB, but I'm sure the sound would be less than great.

I am not looking to rattle the doors off of the car - just a little help in the low end.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Kevin

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Send Tom an email and see what he would recommend for car use. He won't give out the specs (although on the old driver he might now) but I'm sure he'll recommend several good allignments for your intended use.

kevitra

Second Unit
Thanks for the threads, Dan. I searched for "svs upgrade driver" but never inserted the word 'car'. Duh :b

1.5 cu ft for a sealed box would work out good for me (not too big). I might just have to try this..

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Kevitra,

We are not forwarding the T/S params out for competitive reasons (not that concerted efforts couldn't backard engineer any component if they care to).

Still, as mentioned by the smart brains here, you only need mention to Tom what size box you have, if it's vented or not (vent size if yes) and the sort of vehicle you are lashing it to and Tom could probably wing a guesstimate as to what performance you might expect.

He's still a tweaker at heart but given we're at the 11th hour on the PC-Plus launch (snipping resistors for the Nth degree of performance tweaks based on all the test data we've accumulated) it could take a day for him to respond. We LOVE the idea that folks are recycling "old" SVS drivers but are limited in the time/effort we can get into the car or DIY realm too. Just only so many hours in the day, I'm sure you can relate.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks