What's new

SVS - Canadian owner (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Actually I would love some more info as well.

It would also be nice if someone from SVS reassured us we could get the same kind of "tech support" and after sale service as in the US.

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
OK - I have to ask - why would Canadians get less Customer Service then Americans. It's not like that have International offices placed around the globe.

I'm not flaming - just missing something in the question perhaps.

Romar Armas

Second Unit
I think our main concern is with customs, duties and shipping charges for parts that require service.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Although I have not purchased an SVS, I have Imported other US goods into Canada with the following charges (based on UPS which SVS uses):

Exchange Rate: currently around 1.295

Duty: US Made Product under NAFTA - none

Shipping Charges: check SVS site (make a bogus order of the sub you want but don't complete it, you should then be able to see shipping costs) or email them.
UPS Zone charts - http://www.ups.com/media/us/currentr...-pdf/canww.pdf
UPS Std Rates -
http://www.ups.com/media/us/currentr...df/canstnd.pdf

Customs Brokerage Charges: contrary to their Website, UPS has one of the 'highest' paperwork charges of all the shippers, here is the link:
http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html
don't forget to add the disbursement fee as they pay the GST/PST and charge you extra for doing that (2.7%, minimum 5.85CAD).

GST: yes 7%

PST: yes - depends on Province of course

As an example of the above, a 500USD Sub weighing 80lbs shipped from Ohio to Central BC, the cost is:
with Exchange 650.00CAD
UPS Shipping 120.30CAD / 92.90US
UPS Brokerage 45.30
GST/PST 93.85
UPS Disbursement 5.85

total approx 915.00CAD

Doesn't seem worth it, does it??

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
If you think you've got it bad, we pay 17.5% VAT and 4% import duty. Some European countries pay something like 20-25% VAT:angry:

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator
Is SVS located in Ohio? If so does anyone know if you can pick-up a sub?? I drive to Ohio often to visit customers, so a small detour to pick up a sub is an option.

I just sold my B&W ASW1000 and would love to replace it with a SVS.

PaulT

Supporting Actor

Well if you add GST/PST it can be upwards of 23% in some Provinces. Where I am it is 14.5% total.

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
FWIW, I read somewhere that SVS will allow you to pick up a sub at the factory in Ohio, but it has to be pre-arranged with the shop manager because there is no customer pick up area. This is not fact, just something I read somewhere.

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info guys. I am going to call SVS customer service next week and see if I can arrange a pick-up.

If I can save the shipping expenses and customs brokerage fees the SVS is a very attactive option.

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered a 20-39cs about 1.5 years ago. All in all, I ended up paying around $1300 for it.

Bertrand-R

Agent

Thank you guys,
AaronMg it seem to be very expensive, about three time the price in $US.
If SVS can have a canadian distributor would it be less expensive?

Bruce Abar

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered the 20-39plus, I have not got the final bill yet, but with the canadian dollar as high as it is right now I will be paying about $1200.00can. It dont matter where you buy in canada, you are still going to pay the 14.5% tax.......no need to add this in your calcalations. I currently have the psb subsonic 7i, this sub runs about $900 to $1000 + taxes and is a pretty good sub, but the svs 20-39plus is 2 times the sub and close to the same money.......well worth it for me!:D

Shiu

Second Unit
When I bought my PC Ultra in May, the exchange rate was about 1.3X. Final cost including shipping, duty, taxes was just under $2K. In terms of service, everytime I email them they replied within 24 hours. Beyond that I don't know how good they are in terms of repairs/replacement etc., and I really don't ever want to know neither.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks