Hsu Now In The GTA; My VTF-3 Arrived Today...

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Dave Simpson, May 30, 2004.

1. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

Here's a heads-up for anyone in the GTA interested in Hsu subs (both STF and VTF series; VT-12, as well, I believe). They're now available via a distribution arrangement with Rocelco, in Concorde, Ontario.
    I purchased an STF-3 a month ago from a fellow named Tristan of Home Digital AV with the understanding that I'd likely be swapping it for a VTF-3MK2 once they became available. While I certainly enjoyed my time with the STF-3, today I gladly accepted delivery of the VTF model (yep, it was brought right to my home, and yes, this dealer is recognized by Rocelco, Hsu's Canadian agent). It's far too early for me to make any conclusive remarks about the unit, but I fully expect to enjoy many years with this sub.
    For any prospective sub-buyers in the GTA who lament that ordering an SVS is simply too expensive a proposition once it crosses the border, perhaps Hsu is your solution. I think it is for me.
    By the way, the STF-3 I used for a month is now listed on Home Digital's site at a reduced price, with full warranty. May be a good deal for a prospective owner.
    Any other new Hsu owners in the area? Cheers!

DS.

2. Craig Chase

Craig Chase Gear Guru
    Supporter

Craig
    Dave, Glad to see everything worked out... looking forward to your listening impressions

3. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

Craig,

I'm afraid any listening impressions I post will not be of the valuable and comprehensive nature so often offered by fellas such as you and Ed. Other than a possible quick calibration by a local member (I've no meter, and more importantly, no skill), and barring any difficulty with the sub, I plan to simply get on the couch, and enjoy the show [​IMG]
    Cheers!

DS.

4. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

Your ears are just as valuable as anyone else's; and they are the final judge. Post away, Dave! [​IMG]

5. paul clipsel

paul clipsel Stunt Coordinator

Owning a VTF-3MK2 for a few months I understand the excitement of having great bass. Hsu finally selling in Canada is great news especially since you guys are so close, it was always a shame it was not as competitive to buy direct but looking at Home Digital AV prices thats now been sorted out.

PC

6. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Very cool Dave...and that local member and his SPL meter are at your service [​IMG]

7. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Second Unit

Chris,

I appreciate your help, sir! We ought to be able to get together one of these Sundays (this coming is no good, but follwing that, we'll be in business).
    Cheers.

DS.

8. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Yeah, your ears are as good as anyone elses' and the ones that will be listening to the subwoofer the most, apart from perhaps friends and loved ones [​IMG]

I'm able to get together whenever. We should continue our Home Theatre tour. May aswell check out my "old-school" 480p setup before I upgrade it....one day when I'm rich...maybe after I sell all my temporary gear [​IMG]

Incidentally, I picked up the Panasonic DVD F87K. Not sure I really need it, but I'm going to sell my old DVD player to a friend and the 87 is much faster and has lots of toys. Even if I get another "HD" DVD player down the road, this 87 will make a fine CD player.