What's new

Canadian SVS Owners (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

PaulT

Supporting Actor
I am thinking about ordering a 20-39PC+ Sub based on owner comments and many reviews I have read about SVS.

With shipping, I see it will be 904USD. What has Canada Customs and Revenue been charging (if anything) besides GST.

Since the subs have Canadian made amps, and a US made driver, is any duty being charged to import them here.

I don't think I can do any better for 1500 CDN to my door. I will be replacing a Klipsch KSW12.

Any other comments regarding shipping / handling across the border would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
I've read many posts on this before, seems to be that double is a good rule of thumb so total cost about $1800 CDn when you get it.

You may want to look at the Paradigm servo-15 you should be able to get it for less. Or the Velodyne CHT-15 for around $900 CDN is very good as well.

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
PaulT,
I have the 20-39PC with the ISD upgrade. My only other fee besides the GST, was the UPS brokerage fee of I think $55CAN. I really enjoy this sub and it can truly shake the house and sound good at the same time. However, due to our weak-ass dollar and sometime hassles with UPS deliveries, you do have some other options. Paradigm is the other way to go. You could get a Servo 15 for the same or less money, probably around $1200CAN. I know this is a comparable sub to the original 20-39PC but perhaps the 20-39PC+ is noticably better. You could also run a couple of PW-2200's for around $1400-$1500CAN . That would provide some serious low end. Just some thoughts.
If I could've waited and/or afforded it, I'd probably be running a couple of 20-39PC+ though. You just can't have too much bass.
Steve:cool:

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info. I have had a couple of previous hassles with UPS coming through Richmond BC (which I guess is their closest processing centre to me), then on to me in the Okanagan via a secondary carrier.

55CDN isn't too bad for the processing. With a crap Credit Card rate of say 1.56 plus GST plus Processing, that would be about 1565CDN.

I'll check out the local Paradigm dealer and have a listen to the Servo 15. I do like the idea of the Made in Canada solution.

Christmas is coming and an SVS in the corner would do me just fine...

Paul

jaltares

Auditioning
Can I get some feedback from some Canadians on their experience with importing their SVS sub(s) please? What model, price, recommendations and/or general comments? I'm looking to purchase one myself...but I'm still in the early stages (more like just thinking about it).

Thanks.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Check this thread I started a few days ago for some info.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=103755
As far as which sub, it depends on whether or not you want an internal or external amp, freq response (lower limit), size.
I haven't seen any poor comments about SVS subs, especially their customer service record.
I am basing my looking at the 20-39PC+ due to size (height) mainly and the internal amp. I will be listening to a Paradigm Servo-15 next week which has been offered to me for 1400CDN. That is about 200 less than what I calculate the 20-39PC+ to be after exchange, GST and brokerage fees.

Blair Gifford

Stunt Coordinator
As far as i know if you have a problem and have to send it back it will cost you full shipping price. You pay to have it shipped there and back over the border. This works out to like $150.
BTW I have a 20-39pc with driver upgrade. Anyway, that was what happened to me. Things may be different now.

-Blair

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I have merged these two threads into one. Both deal with the same topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks