What's new

Canadian SVS Owners (1 Viewer)

Adam Ross

Auditioning
Hi all!
Been reading these forums for a while, and decided it was time to start posting. I'm looking to join the SVS owners club very shortly after all the praise they've received on these forums. I was just wondering if any Canadian SVS owners could tell me approximately how much duty (if any) they had to pay to get their sub to Canada?
Thanks for the info, can't wait to feel the bass :D

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator
I think it costed around $1300 (everything included) to ship to southern Ontario.

Aaron Lock

Grip
There is no duty on Consumer electronics (I think speakers fall into that category). Just tax. PST & GST, oh wait HST in your case.

I'm lucky, I work in the US... ship to work, I handle the importing. UPS charges too high of a "brokerage" fee.

Aaron.

Terry St

Second Unit
There is no duty on Consumer electronics (I think speakers fall into that category).
There is a duty, but only on foreign manufactured items imported through the states. U.S. manufactured items are exempt. I believe SVS subs are assembled in the U.S. so all you should wind up paying is sales tax. Shipping, on the other hand, may vary greatly depending on the shipping company used and your location in Canada. Personally, I would avoid using UPS if at all possible.

In any case, before you pull the trigger you might want to take a look at some Canadian manufacturers' subs such as the Paradigm Servo-15. In Canada it will be pretty competitive price and performance-wise with an SVS or HSU. U.S. prices for Paradigm products are substantially higher, which is why you don't hear that much praise for their value on boards like this one.

David Barteaux

Stunt Coordinator
A 2039 PCPlus is $825 US = $1286 CDN
HST = $1286 x 0.15 = $193 CDN
Shipping is $67 US = $104 CDN
UPS Brokerage Fee approx $40 CDN
Total Shipped to N.B.= $1623 CDN
Rule of thumb = price of the item x2.
This would be a safe number. You can get a Paradigm Servo-15 for approx. $1400 CDN or less. Which is the better sub?..your guess is as good as mine :D

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
David's right. No duty. My brokerage fee from UPS was $55CAN however. Don't know if SVS has found any alternate shipper for us Canucks or not, probably not a big enough demand. Great subs and customer service too.

Good luck.

Steve

Trent C

Agent
Hi Adam,
Here is a link to an older thread where I listed the charges for bringing my SVS sub into Canada (just scroll down 'til you hit my post on the page). This was back in April of last year.
Trent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks