What's new

Survivor Panama Exile Island season 12 (merged) (1 Viewer)

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
"She might vote for him, and Courtney might as well, but Cirie, Shane, and Danielle are very unlikely to vote for him, and Aras probably wouldn't either since he was Casaya all the way."

At this point...sure...but those 4 are going to cannablize the next few weeks. Feelings will be hurt...

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
You need strategy to win. You can't win without the votes. He had a chance to increase his odds on the jury a few times including yesterday, but he blew it each time letting anyone he allies with fall even if it cost a jury vote.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Exactly. Maybe Austin and Sally don't mind, but I know that I would be pissed if my ally had the hidden idol and could have saved me but chose not to. I would understand why, but I'd never vote for them to win, just as revenge.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I would imagine that if Terry fought his way all the way to the final two against those odds, he would probably get enough votes to win. Afterall, whoever is standing next to Terry obviously had to do some back stabbing to get there, while Terry never had to break a deal.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
In Terry's defense as a strategist, he's never been in a position of sufficient power to exercise stategy. The disfunctional family that is Casaya remained remarkably loyal and LaMina entered the merge terminally outnumbered. Terry tried several times to use the idol to build a majority for LaMina but it was always too much of a stretch. Terry never unequivocally promised the idol to someone and failed to deliver.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Stephen,

I agree that Terry hasn't had any luck in exercising strategy - not for lack of trying though. Also, Terry may not have unequivocally promised the idol but you have to admit he sure did make it seem like a possibility. Multiple times. I am not sure what's worse...

It could bite him.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
If Terry had offered good deals and not, "Shane and Cirie, we will take you to the final six"--hmm, I wonder who will be voted out fifth and sixth?--then I'd probably think better of his strategy. It's the same with his proposed alliance with the girls last night--all of his proposed alliances are one-sided and offer little to the person he wants to join up with.

Physically, sure, he's one of the best players ever in that regard. Strategically, he's up there with Rupert, although Terry isn't as openly arrogant.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
It is intriguing to watch the two 'ideals' of Survivor gamesmanship in action: Terry represents the kind of physical and mental superiority that makes him overwhelming in challenges and puzzles (including, let's not forget, finding the immunity idol) and Cerie, who is physically weak but vastly superior in analyzing and manipulating relationships. If there were any justice, these two would make it to the final two in recognition of their skills. The edge goes to Terry though in such a match up in my opinion. Cerie's skill ultimately involves playing, using, and importantly betraying people to advance, and that makes enemies who will shoot you down in the jury.

My fondest wish for next week: Terry wins immunity and brokers the immunity idol to someone to effectively select half the final four and likely win one more ally. (As I recall the idol is void after the final four and Terry could give it away without cost to himself)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What's sort of interesting when you contrast season 10 of Survivor with this 12th season, you have Tom in a strong power position after the merge, and then had to be nimble to not "offend" less competitive tribemates as they were shed along to way to the final 2 (Tom vs. Katie). Plus Tom didn't have to always win immunity to stay in the game after the merge (again, he played the social game very well in case he did stumble in the immunity challenges to minimize his chances of being given the boot).

This season we see Terry in a weak power position after the merge, and then just went on cruise control, knowing he could only stay around if he ran the table on the immunity challenges, and doesn't really have to as socially nimble as Tom because he has had a target on him since the merge, but winning the immunity challenges has made him uninvolved with dispatching other tribemate (from either side) which allows him to take the high road and not backstab other contestants, usually helpful when you are making a case for why you deserve the money over the other person in the final 2 (who most definitely had to lie to someone along the way to the final 2).

So, even if Terry wins this season, I think Tom had the more impressive overall game throughout his run last season.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Agree with you whole heartedly Patrick. Tom had the complete game; physical skills, mental agility, and solid knowlege of the social dynamic. Tom had to win while voting off his own tribemates, a formidible task. He managed to be physically dominating without seeming cocky or obnoxious. His one advantage that Terry lacks is that his second strongest competitor, Ian, was a strong ally of Tom for most of the game. But Tom had to fend off a power play during his path to victory as well as detect when Ian was turning on him and fend off that attack as well. Tom's entire game was perfect.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I saw Sally on the Morning Show and it was very clear that she would vote for Terry if he made it to the final two.

If Terry wins out to the final two I think Shane will vote for him simply out of respect.

As for last weeks show the second they explained the Reward challenge I immediately said to myself who ever has Cirie on their team is going to lose.
Come on Superman himself couldn't have carried that "load" to victory.

As for the best player ever, my choice would be Tom.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
What is confusing about that?

Of course she has already placed her final vote but obviously she can't give us a clue as to who was in the final two.

I was just stating that from the comments she made on the Morning Show it was very clear that she did not have any bad feelings for Terry and would given the opportunity vote for him.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Super Terry strikes again, just steamrolling to the final 2, with just 2 more immunity challenges to write his own ticket there. Poor Danielle, sent to Exile Island, but without company this time. Terry continues to not vote to boot the eventual ousted member, decent strategy so that the future jury members can't use his vote to blame him for their ouster.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Another good episode. I disagree that not voting for the ousted member is a good strategy; Sandra argued that it was a good thing back in S7 and lost Tijuana's vote (and therefore a 7-0 victory).

The Aras/Terry rivalry has amounted to no more than Terry voting for Aras all the time. I'm betting that Aras finally beats him at the final three challenge or perhaps in the final vote.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Come on, who cares if you sweep the final vote or not, just don't give the jurists reasons to not put your name on the final ballot. At the rate it's going, Terry just has to keep putting down Aras' name down at tribal council, and he'll have more than enough votes should he get to the final two.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Are they privy too all the casted votes?

Will Shane know for sure that Terry Didn't vote for him?

Teryy has not really scumbagged or lied to 1 person in this game. Never backstabbed anyone. Some have been saying he promised to use the idol if so and so got voted for, but that is nonsense. They all knew Terry was not pulling the idol out to save someone unless it had to do with an alliance right after the merge to get someone on their side.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
While I agree that Aras could win the final three challenge I really don't see him winning against Terry in a final two vote.

Austin and Sally are clearly on Terry's side. Shane has to know that Aras was in on the blind side so I really doubt he'd vote for him. So Terry would have to pick up one more vote. It could be tough but I could see Bruce voting for him over Aras.

In fact right now if Terry does make it to the final two I really can't see him losing to anyone including Cirie.

Since he has been the ultimate underdog this season I really would like to see him get to the final two.

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
The only way Aras will make it into the final three is if he wins the next immunity. If Terri wins he gets to choose both of the other final two since he can give immunity to one and hold onto the secret immunity idol for protection. The other two people can only vote for each other with Terri's vote determining who is out. I would guarantee that Terri will send Aras to the jury. Given Terri's record so far I am thinking the final two will be Terri and Danielle.

Kenneth

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
This is one of the few times I remember Jeff not reading a vote to show another persons name and just left it in the bucket. I assumed that Terry must have voted for Shane because the last vote was not read but then at the end it was shown he voted for Aras.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks