What's new

Supernatural Season 8 (1 Viewer)

TV_ofthe_Absurd

Auditioning
Real Name
Cynthia
Malcolm R said:
If it gets rid of this never-ending angels vs. demons story line, and gets the show back to its original premise, I'm all for it. I still usually enjoy the show, but it's a pale imitation of the first couple of seasons.
My thoughts exactly. I was one of the shows biggest fans but it's faded for me. I still watch and I'll watch until the end, but it's just not the same. I too wish they'd go back to fighting the stuff urban legends are made of. Dead in the Water, Nightshifter, "What Is and What Should Never Be" - I miss my show.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
A monster of the week type episode but another one that also builds on the relationship of Sam & Dean and really works out what the trials are doing to him. Some pretty good humor as well, the back and forth between the characters got me a few times.. pretty cute stuff.

That said, I do hate it when they mispronounce simple things like city names, but I'll take it as a "whatever".

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I've been really enjoying the episodes with Charley. There was a nice emotional payoff in this episode, with (I'm guessing) Charley's loss making Dean appreciate Sam. Some nice genre related humor in the episode with Charley telling Dean "Come with me if you want to live." and Dean's double punch, and Sam's reactions, had me rolling. All in all a nice stand alone episode.

- Walter.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Loved tonights episode. Really advanced the main plot of the season, and asked a lot of questions I was waiting for... like, is closing hell the right idea.. what would really be the result of that?

Etc. I also loved everything about Kevin Tran's scenes. Good stuff all the way around tonight

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, an important episode in terms of the seasonal story arc and a very enjoyable one with some nice surprises.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
While, I am enjoying this seasons episodes. I am tired of it being demon battling each week. We have had that for the past few seasons (ie-Lucifer's return). I also wish they would go back to monster of the week. Especially, with their new Men of Letters headquarters (Great addition I might add).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Gotta say I'm disappointed with the finale. I was hoping they'd shut down heaven and hell, kill off Crowley and Castiel, and finally bring this never-ending angels/demons story to a close. But it looks like next season is just more of the same.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I can see that but since the show is coming back, I'm glad that they didn't wrap up all their stories and have to come up with all new villains and conflicts for next season.

Also, the shots of the falling angels were really cool and foreboding.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think this could setup a lot of different outcomes; with all the angels now on earth, that is going to mix things up quite a bit.

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
Yes that shot of all the Angels falling and Cas crying was so powerful. I'm one that likes the angel storyline and feel Cas adds a lot to the overall story if they use him well. He's my favourite character so I'd certainly hate to see him written off. MOTW episodes are fine but a steady stream of them becomes boring.I'm excited to see what happens in Season 9 and I do hope Cas gets his grace back. Let him stay human for awhile though.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I enjoyed the finale. Thought it had some decent twists and that wonderful imagery at the end. Certainly will continue to follow this show next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks