What's new

Supernatural Season 8 (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Dean and the gay stalker bit was good, but my favorite comedy moment was Sam warming his hands on the fire at the grave when they burnt the Thule agent. Nice episode that opens up new possibilities if the Gates of Hell are closed and the Winchesters still need to hunt the big bad guys if the show comes back next year. - Walter.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
Nice episode that opens up new possibilities if the Gates of Hell are closed and the Winchesters still need to hunt the big bad guys if the show comes back next year.
Maybe I've forgotten but have they specified what happens to the baddies that are already in our world if the gates of hell are closed? I assume they'll be stuck here and that gives the writers plenty of potential stories. That's a little less grand than closing hell but it still gives them options for the monster of the week episodes.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If it gets rid of this never-ending angels vs. demons story line, and gets the show back to its original premise, I'm all for it. I still usually enjoy the show, but it's a pale imitation of the first couple of seasons.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
If it gets rid of this never-ending angels vs. demons story line, and gets the show back to its original premise, I'm all for it. I still usually enjoy the show, but it's a pale imitation of the first couple of seasons.
If they close the gates of hell, I wouldn't mind seeing them end the show this season but if there's another season, I'd like to see them mopping up what's left of the monsters out there and traveling from one place to the next helping people. Like I said, it's not as big of an idea as what they've done in the last few years but I like bringing things back around to the beginning too.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Him warming his hands was great stuff. Look, I've been an advocate of Supernatural as it's gone on I think it's had some pretty good seasons here. I didn't mind the Michael/Lucifer showdown. I thought last year was pretty clunky with the guys coming out of purgatory, though there were some great episodes there also. But I like how they are slowly putting this season together. This season has been a lot of "monster of the week" episodes, but the backstory still slowly trickles through. I like where this "men of letters" thing could go.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I do, too. I'm very pleased with where the show is right now. I've enjoyed this season so far much more than last season.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I couldn't be happier about this. The last two episodes have really set the show on a fresh, exciting path that I'm eager to see developed more.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Same here. The last two eps and the direction this is going breathes a lot of new life into Supernatural and really makes it a whole different vibe that works. What really works about this is that we know in past episodes that the angels worked to make sure their parents came together, but having them expand that small bit of information into: here's why is great stuff. The comedy has worked really well this season and I like the general "messiness" of it this year.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Another pretty good ep that focused on the story arc but gave us a lot of great moments. Dean settling in and cooking while marveling over having "his own room" was some good stuff. I also liked how they played out who sold their soul. It was easy to figure out about half way in, but it was still a great payoff. I hadn't seen them do the CGI stuff for a hell hound attack before but quite liked it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yep, enjoyable episode. Dean's interests in "nesting" have expanded his character tenfold this season, all very effectively.

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
For me Season 4 & 5 were the strongest. I happen to enjoy the heaven and hell storylines the best. Reconning back to the Season 1 stories is going backwards in my opinion. We had that in Season 7 even, which to me was the weakest overall. I love the direction of Season 8 so far and I'm interested in who the hell Naomi is and would like to learn more about the MOL and I just love their cool new digs. Yes Supernatural this year is striking all the right chords.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Enjoyed everything about this episode. A good monster of the week episode, setting up the new digs and yet in the background we still had the quest of the season. This to me is Supernatural at it's best. I wish more series would realize that you can have a large arch and still episodes that work on their own.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I wanted to drop kick that mother for letting Zeus escape; why not trust the guys that actually brought him there in the first place? They'd have to know something to be able to summon him!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I really like how they are handling Naomi and Cass now.. I'm not sure where it's going, but it's turned into a pretty interesting little plot, and now we know that there is some connection between the desires of the demons for the demon tablet and the hunt for the Angel tablet. What it accomplishes, we still don't know.. but it's not necessarily assured that it closes the door to heaven.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The Dean and Castiel dynamic was as strong and striking this week as ever before. Found it really engrossing and touching, too.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I really liked revisiting an old storyline and bringing a different twist on the conclusion. I hadn't thought about that little girl since that episode, but it was a great way to highlight that she's not that much younger than Dean & Sam when they started

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I enjoyed the episode very much. I did figure out who was behind it before the big reveal, but that didn't make the show any less entertaining.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Moved a lot of storylines forward tonight, and we closed off a few. I really like that the innocent in hell turned out to be Bobby, I think that was a great use of cast.

Naomi is desperately trying to twist things up; and now Kevin is captured. Lots of fast moving action tonight and for the most part it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks