What's new

Sunfire sub placement (1 Viewer)

Mike Mitrook

Agent
The age old dilemma of sub placement. My situation is that I'm moving and the room for the HT in the new house doesn't really have a good corner for my Sunfire Subwoofer. The design works best in a corner but if that is not an option, what should I do? Suggestions? I might be able to place it behind the couch... is that a good option?

I'm considering selling and going with a Velodyne SPL1000 but I'd like to keep my existing sub if I can get it to work. Has anyone else done something different with their Sunfire? The room is approx. 13x14.

Thanks,
Mike

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Positions close to the key seating positions tend to work well because more of the output from the subwoofer reaches the listeners before room interaction can degrade the sound. Be sure to experiment with the phase though. Another good option is to place the subwoofer in your key seating position and with a wide variety of source material playing...walk around the room and note the best 2-3 positions where the bass seems to sound best. Then, try the subwoofer there( always recalibrate each time you move it).

Tom V.
SVS

Mike Mitrook

Agent
Tom -
Thanks for the tip on sub placement. I'll be trying it out next week! Can't wait for the move to be over...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks