Suggestions: Klipsch KSW10 or JBL PB12?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ed L, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Ed L

Ed L Agent

Due to price and current setup considerations I am planning on purchasing one of the two subs listed in the subject line and wanted to gather suggestions and feedback from the forum before making a decision. Any thoughts
    Ed -

2. Bryan Acevedo

Bryan Acevedo Second Unit

JBL PB 12 - definitely. I used to have the Klipsch KSW 12 - it was an ok sub, but I read that the JBL PB 12 was better (went lower, more output). Saying that, the KSW 10 is very weak compared to the KSW 12, so the JBL 12 would simply blow it away, especially for the price.
    By the way, I now have a Velodyne SPL 1200 - incredible sub! I don't know what your budget is, but Onecall.com has them factory refurbished for $749. If you could squeeze a little more out of your budget, you could get a sub that blows quite a few subs away. This sub lists for $1400 and normally sells for $1200. In my opinion, $750 is a steal! It comes with the full warranty - these aren't open box or scratch and dent - they are authorized factory refurbished goods.
    Good luck!
    Bryan

3. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

I've also compared these two and would agree with Bryan.....it's absolutely no contest. Between those two subs, I would definitely go with the PB-12. BTW, it's available for only $249 at BestPriceAudioVideo.com.
    Good luck.

4. Jo_M

Jo_M Stunt Coordinator

My PB12 is arriving tomorrow from JandR. In had them pricematch bestpriceaudiovideo.

5. Bryan Acevedo

Bryan Acevedo Second Unit

Wow - $249 is a bargain. A friend of mine has the PB-12 - I always thought it sounded very good, especially for the price. If my KSW12 had sounded that good, then maybe I wouldn't have felt the need to upgrade.... (Bryan slaps himself).... sorry, just started to drift off into fantasy land there for a minute! [​IMG]
    Actually, now that I have the SPL-1200, I don't feel the need to upgrade anything in my system. Finally! My wife doesn't believe it, though! [​IMG]
    I didn't realize that the PB-12 was so cheap - so you can ignore my recommendation of the SPL-1200. I thought the PB-12 was more in the $400 - $500 range.
    For this price, it is a no brainer.
    Bryan