What's new

Suggestions for wall mount speakers (1 Viewer)

Heath_R

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have 4 Axiom M3ti's and a VP100 along with a SVS 20-39Pc for my 5.1 setup. I am very happy with it.

All 4 of the M3's are on stands. The problem we have is we are having a baby. My wife doesn't think a toddler pulling a fairly heavy bookshelf down on him is a good idea. She wants wall mounted speakers.

The M3's are too big to look good wall mounted, and with the rear port you have to get them away from the wall anyway.

So I am looking for speakers. If I am going to wall mount the L / R speakers I would want to wall mount the center so they are at the same level.

I listened to DefTech ProCinema 800's, and for their size I was impressed. My wife asked if we could use another 800 for the center channel instead of the horizontal center channel, she thinks it would look better. Can the ProCinema 800 handle center channel duties? I have seen people use all identical speakers across the front, but they were always larger than the 800's.

What other speakers should I be listening to besides the DefTech's?

I am keeping the SVS 20-39, it's five years old but it is still doing a great job.

My room is 16 x 20 with an 8 foot ceiling. The display will be on the 16' wall.

My budget is in the range of 600 for 5 speakers. I will buy two more for 7.1 a little while down the road.

aht3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Taylor
I would reccommend the the JBL studio L820 for mains and surrounds and the LC2 for the center. all slim design and only 5 inches deep. For rears, i would go with theL810s. If you would like more info, PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks