What's new

Subwoofer Hum (1 Viewer)

Harold A

Stunt Coordinator
I am trying to run a BIC DV-1210 subwoofer in my system. The probelm is the sub hums pretty badly when turned on. It has done this since I got it. At first I did not care becuase it was behind my TV. Now I am running a sealed shiva behind my tv and this sub will be solely for my rear speakers which means it is close to me I can hear the hum. My shiva is driven with the AVA-250 amp from Adire with a cheater plug on it and there it no hum. The BIC only has a 2 prong cord. Is there anything I can do to eliminate the hum? I have moved since I owned it and it has done it both places.
Thanks for any help.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Harold A

Stunt Coordinator
I have tried several things just to let you guys know. I have unplugged the cable unplugged all my other components, lights and all that stuff. Can it be that it is just such a crappy sub it is going to hum no matter what?

Mark Wylie

Auditioning
Hmmm
Just a wild ass guess. Your plugs and sockets are polarized? If not, have you tried turning the plug over? Is the hum a 60 cycle hum? Have you tried to run a ground to say your cold water inlet? Do you have any dimmers in the room? They can induce hum. If the noise is at sixty cycles then you have a grounding problem. Is this an active sub? If it's not 60 cycle hum then perhaps you have an amp problem.
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks