What's new

Sub placement under Center? (1 Viewer)

Eddie L

Stunt Coordinator
I know I'm gonna hafta try different locations, but I really only have 2 options. Towards front right of the room, or under center. Will placing it under center, less than a foot, interfere with dialog? My gut feeling says yes, so I my as well pull out some more cable for the other location.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My center channel sits on top of my DIY, dual 15" sub. It has for years without any problems at all.

Eddie L

Stunt Coordinator
That's good to know, thanks. I sure would prefer it under center, just so it wouldn't look so obtrusive. But hearing will be believing and win out in the end.

BrennanOSD

Agent
Real Name
Brennan
What you can do is hook the sub up and put it on the couch or wherever you will be sitting. Then stand in front of your center and then in the corner. You should notice a bit of a difference. If it sounds better when you're standing in one spot compared to the other, choose that location.
- Brennan, Outdoor Speaker Depot

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
BrennanOSD said:
What you can do is hook the sub up and put it on the couch or wherever you will be sitting. Then stand in front of your center and then in the corner. You should notice a bit of a difference. If it sounds better when you're standing in one spot compared to the other, choose that location.
- Brennan, Outdoor Speaker Depot
Sub crawl(which is what you call what he is saying) doesn't always work.

BrennanOSD

Agent
Real Name
Brennan
schan1269 said:
Sub crawl(which is what you call what he is saying) doesn't always work.
Indeed it doesn't, but in his case, it sounds like it's worth a try. Haha, I was actually having a discussion about sub crawl the other day and was being schooled by an experienced individual on how it's not something proven! Thanks for the input.
- Brennan, OSD Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks