What's new

sub for polk rti series? (1 Viewer)

JordanRice

Agent
I'm about to get some polk rti8's, rti4's for surround and a csi5 center channel, but I've been hearing that polks subs arent that good. Does anybody know a good sub for a not so big room. I want to go new, but I dont want to spend more than 300.

John_RO

Stunt Coordinator
Well for $300 you have few options. The Dayton sub from Parts Express seems to be the best budget sub out there. Spend a few more bucks and get an SVS PB-10 for $429. You won't be disappointed. I have the larger 25-31 PCi cylinder sub and it rattles the windows in my "not so big" room. There are many PB-10 owners on this forum who can attest to it's prowess.

JordanRice

Agent
Thanks for the reply, is the company is called "svs"? I was looking for them on the internet and all I found are reviews. Is there a site that I can get them from?

dana_b

Auditioning
I've just put together a system with Polk RTi6s for mains and a CSi5 for the center (I'll be replacing my surround speakers later). I also got an SVS PB12-ISD, and it's incredible. I know I still have some tweaking to do to get it sound its best, but even with the auto setup on my Yamaha it sounds great.

If you can stretch your budget a bit, I would say go for an SVS. If you're not in too big of a hurry, keep looking at their B-Stock and you can sometimes find a PB10-ISD for (I think) $389 plus shipping...

JordanRice

Agent
I've been hearing a lot of stuff about tweaking the subs to get the most out of them. Besides doing an auto eq, what else can I do to get them to perform at their best? It seems like people are never done tweaking their subs and systems. Oh and what is your take between the difference in the csi3 and csi5. Is it worth the extra 200?

dana_b

Auditioning
After listening to both the CSi3 and CSi5, I felt like the CSi5 delivered more punch and just sounded better all around. Based on listening to them and the importance of the center channel speaker, I decided to spend the extra money.

John_RO

Stunt Coordinator
There is only one Velodyne model around your price range. The VRP-1000 is $249 and has a less than astounding frequency range of 50-200Hz. The 12" model is no better. Step up to the DPS line and you get a better frequency response but the 10" model retails for $449. It's a pretty safe bet to say that even the entry level SVS will blow this sub outta the water. I'd even venture to guess the Dayton would give it a run for the money. The 12" DPS model may move a bit more air, but the frequency response is the same, 25-120Hz. It does have a bigger amp to go with the bigger driver...200 watts RMS. Plus a bigger price: $549. Compare that to the SVS PB-10 and i'm sure you'll understand why so many of us own SV subs. You may also want to look at HSU subs. The STF-2 is $399 and looks like a solid contender in that price range. I haven't personally heard it but HSU is well known for making great subs at an affordable price.

JordanRice

Agent
Thanks for the reply guys. After reading everything about the sv subs I'm gonna get the svs pb-10. I dont mind spending the extra cash, especially since I've heard so many rave reviews about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks