What's new

stupid question (1 Viewer)

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Component is analog, HDMI is digital. Unfortunately there's no Component to HDMI Cable. You could always purchase a Component to HDMI adapter, though they can be pricey ($100-$200). What are you looking to achieve in your setup?

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
You could always spring for a pricey A/V receiver that will output all video inputs through the HDMI output to the tv.

JoseLH

Agent
My av gear is in a closet away from the TV and the only thing I could afford to run in wall was component. A tube wasn't possible either. Don't get me wrong, everything looks great through component but I thought I'd ask since I have the 1080p JVC. I just bought the HDDVD addon for my Xbox 360 and it's AMAZING at 1080i through component. Too bad my TV Doesn't take 1080p through this input, only HDMI. I plan to eventually get a PS3, just for the Blu Ray playback. I know Star Wars is headed that way sometime.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Jose - you may have difficulties finding a device that is capable of downcoverting HDMI to Component. All switches and receivers that I'm aware of are only capable of upconverting Component to HDMI.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Jose,

Is your in-wall component cable in place already? If not, you could choose a HDMI cable as well (isn't thicker). If it is, though, you have no alternative, of course.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks