What's new

Streaming Music through Alexa in multiple rooms (1 Viewer)

dashelter

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Davison
I have a home theater system already installed with Alexa...I have Echo Dots and Echo Inputs.
For the main living room area, I have an Echo Dot and about 5 Echo inputs connected to different outside speakers and inside speakers.
However, when I connect to Alexa Echo Dot via Bluetooth (for example) to play Youtube music (since there is no Alexa skill for youtube to play youtube music), I am not able to select specific outside speakers to play the music through. It only plays on the Echo Dot. I do not have any wireless speakers. It is all wired.

Is there a gadget I can buy that will allow the music sound to play in selected outside speakers vs only in the Echo dot when I am trying to play youtube music even via bluetooth connected to the Dot?
Same thing for playing music already on my Android Phone.

The problem with Alexa is that if the skills are not there to play music like from Spotfire or Sirius XM, etc..., you have to connect to the Echo Dot via Bluetooth and then play music from the source. But sound only comes out from the Dot and does not give you the option to select the other speakers connected to the Echo Inputs to play music through.

Please help on a best alternative.
Thanks.

dashelter

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Davison
Yes.
The speakers are: Back Patio speakers, Pool Side Speakers, Side Patio Speakers and Inside, we have Living Room Main Speakers.
The Side and Back Patio Speakers are in a group. However, I do not get options to select any speakers when I connect to Alexa Echo Dot via Bluetooth. It only plays in the Echo Dot and it is annoying.
I would like to have youtube music (among others) play in my outdoors speakers of choice. They are not bluetooth speakers.

Would be greatly appreciated if you could share ideas on how I could get this done...maybe through my Echo Inputs somehow like I do it with Spotfire, Pandora, etc...

Many thanks for all inputs.

dashelter

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Davison
Can you pair Echo inputs individually, in addition to the Echo dot?
I have about 5 or 6 Echo inputs connected to the Echo Dot.
Just to reconfirm and fully understand:
Each Echo input can be paired with my Android phone via bluetooth, in addition to being able to pair my Android with the Echo Dot, correct?

Please advise/confirm and many thanks on this.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Your Alexa inputs are not actually connected to the Dot. They're independent and can be controlled using the app.

dashelter

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Davison
When I play Spotfire or Pandora or Tune-in which are skills within Alexa, I can select which speaker I want the music to play on and speakers are connected to the inputs via wire. I do not have any wireless bluetooth speakers.
However, when trying to play music from Soundcloud, Youtube, mixcloud--which are sites not connected with Alexa and which Alexa does not have skills for, I am stuck connecting to the Echo Dot via bluetooth and playing the music only via the Speaker Connected to the Echo Dot. I cannot select to play the music in any other speakers, for example my backyard speaker or my patio speaker.
Any instructions on how I could connect to selected Echo inputs (by-passing the Echo Dot) via bluetooth and play music through my backyard speaker, for example?

Much appreciated, again.
Looking to your reply.

dashelter

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Davison
I figured it out, finally.
Thanks so much for the education here on the Echo inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks