1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Stargate SG-1 Season 2 in September

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel Kikin, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

That's what DVDFILE says. I wonder what happened to May - that makes more sense especially since the series is moving to Sci-Fi in June. Maybe they're trying to coordinate with the Stargate:SE which comes out in Sept too. Either way, this is going to be a tough wait. [​IMG]

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Hopefully this means that the releases will be sped up now that it's having its 2nd run syndication on Sci-Fi

3. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Maybe its good that way. So many TV sets are coming out in May

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I for one think that this sucks. Way too long of a wait, but if they put out another season every 3 months I'd be very happy. Get S3 just in time for X-mas [​IMG]

5. Keith Helms

Keith Helms Stunt Coordinator

I've got season 4 shipping from Amazon UK next week. I haven't decided if I'm going to wait for them to release more Buffy seasons in region 1 or just get the R2 sets.

Same notion about the South Park box sets.

These studios with their silly regional encoding don't seem to realize it's a global economy now and with the internet we can easily see (and order) what is available elsewhere in the world. Is it just me, or are the MPAA and RIAA all about "control" these days and less about "customer service" and "sales"? Never before heard of an industry that gets mad when you buy their product because you bought it from the "wrong place".

6. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I don't like waiting so long for this set either; however, since there are so many TV boxsets coming out during May/June, I think I will make an exception in this case.[​IMG]

7. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I have to agree, too much product in May [​IMG]
    I already have the entire series at my disposal in various formats, so I'm not insane for these. Worse comes to worse, if you can't wait SciFi will be showing the entire series thus far this fall.

8. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

All right...THAT'S IT!!!! They've just cinched my decision to buy a Malata multi-region DVD player. Damn you, MGM!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

The R2 version is in single discs... pricier.