What's new

Stargate SG-1 Season 4 first look! (1 Viewer)

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
Gateworld.net has a First Look of the Stargate SG-1 Season 4 box set.

First look at Season Four DVD set
MAY 25, 2003

Stargate fans in North America have only a few short weeks to wait until Season Three is available on DVD June 17. But not to worry! The 5-disc set won't have to tide you over for long; Season Four is coming to Region 1 DVD on September 2.

The first look at the Season Four boxed set is here, thanks to a report at TVShowsOnDVD.com. The 5-disc set (pictured to the right) will include the usual featurettes, plus the very first episode commentaries (one for every episode, according to the site) from the cast and crew!

The set also includes a behind-the-scenes documentary, and will come in 16x9 widescreen aspect ratio with a 5.1 Dolby sound. The set carries a suggested sticker price of $69.96 U.S. To pre-order your set (at a discounted price), watch GateWorld in the weeks to come!

MGM will also release all five discs in the Season Three set individually on September 2, at $14.95 each.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
The specs on this set look great. Even greater than the specs are the increased speed with which we're getting further seasons.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Wow! Sep 4! Lol- So Set 5 should come out ~Dec following that schedule.

At least we don't have to wait 18mos between sets now.

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
Wow! Sep 4! Lol- So Set 5 should come out ~Dec following that schedule.
Well, one would think, but judging on the delay of Season 3, I'm not so sure. Originally the rumor was that Season 3 was going to come out around January or February. Well it did, but it was a R2 release.

I'm betting that we'll get S3 and S4 this year. S5 & S6 next, and S7 in 2005. I hope I'm wrong and they keep with this sped up release schedule, because the sooner I can complete some of these TV series on DVD, the sooner I can concentrate on movie releases.

I'm spending anywhere between $100 and $200 a month on TV DVDs. Kinda tough when I only make around $450 a month in my part-time job and I have a $265 truck payment to make.

S3 of B5 is coming out in August, so S4 is possible by December, so hopefully I can wrap that series up as well by next Spring.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm two episodes in on the season 4 box, and both episodes have that horrible pilot episode title sequence (wasn't so horrible for the pilot, but it looks dated now and doesn't really fit). I understand the entire season does. This isn't how it initially aired, right? When the season was released, was it ever determined why they used this here?

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
Greg, you are referring to the camera zoomed in and following the golden statue during the opening credits, right? As opposed to the more action-oriented title sequence of the earlier seasons on DVD?

I can't speak for the US, but the "dated" title sequence is what every episode throughout all seasons have used when the episodes aired here. I think the alternate title sequence, which I saw for the first time on the earlier R1 DVD releases, is for syndication. Seasons 4 and 5 on DVD (I don't know about season 6 but my guess is it's similar) use the original title sequence.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's the one. Earlier, I read here that the syndication openings were used on the early seasons, but I didn't know what that meant. I was looking for a different opening on certain episodes, and didn't find it. I didn't realize the "action" sequence was what was being referenced. I guess this is one case where I actually prefer the syndicated version--it's a really nice sequence, with a good "rhythm" of images matched to the music--but I'll relax knowing that this is what is proper. Thanks for your help.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
You guys are still in Season 4?

They changed it again starting with Season 6, when it switched to the Sci-Fi channel. Nothing lasts forever.

Glenn

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm watching the show for the first time on DVD, and I'm up to the start of season 4. I've been buying the next season right when I finish the current season, so I just might be caught up by the time season 7 is released.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Gad, that must be a blast! I'm watching "The Lost World" series, and I've never seen that before either. I'll finish what has been put out tonight. Tomorrow, I'll probably be depressed.

Glenn

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
So, that show's pretty fun? That's the one with the blonde jungle babe and the prim brunette, both of whom are quite hot? I may look into it when I'm in a light DVD buying period. I'm pretty booked up right now.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yep, that's the one. I just finished the 2nd season - the 3rd isn't out, and not planned yet, but they end up at a cliffhanger at the end of every season, even the 3rd - and then it ended!

Since it is a series, they took a lot of liberties in adding more stuff in, but it is a riot, and I know that I'll be watching the whole thing again probably before this year is up.

Hey, on SG-1, don't forget the extras. Some are bad, but some are really funny, and the commentaries get better and better season after season. Season 6 has a commentary for every episode, and more stuff too.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks