What's new

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) Non-Spoilers! (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Picked up two regular 3D tickets for the opening night at my local multiplex. I’ll work on seeing it in IMAX 3D over the course of its run when I have a better idea of what my December looks like.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I used Fandango but noticed that it’s connecting better to Regal theaters than AMC ones, which also happened with Endgame.

I remember I spent about eight hours fighting the computer for Endgame tickets, got the perfect seats, and then had to be moved 30 seconds before the film started because of a late arriving patron causing an obstructed view to that row. So I’m done trying for perfect on opening night. Give me decent and I’ll find perfect on a quieter, less pressure showtime.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I might burn myself out, but I'm seeing it twice in two days. First on Thursday with my family, and then on Friday in IMAX 3D.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just noticed that the AMC I usually see IMAX and Dolby Cinema shows at is using this as the movie to introduce their new higher prices - $28 a ticket for either of those formats.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just noticed that the AMC I usually see IMAX and Dolby Cinema shows at is using this as the movie to introduce their new higher prices - $28 a ticket for either of those formats.
Wow, they price gouge you guys in the NYC Metro area. My Dolby Cinema ticket as a senior is $10.79 for a matinee showing and I bought a fifth showing at AMC for IMAX at $12.99 for a senior matinee. I'll probably end up cancelling that showing as I'm an A-Lister and will probably be burned out by my previous four showings.

Last edited:

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
For once the Regal website didn't fuck me. I got my two tickets for opening night, front row of the stadium seating. The 6:30 show at the same cinema as Wayne, in the auditorium across the hall.

5pm Regal Colonie Center Fan Event (w/ pin & lg popcorn included, apparently) - 2D (my wife can't stand 3D).

I'll try to see 3D later.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I remember I spent about eight hours fighting the computer for Endgame tickets, got the perfect seats, and then had to be moved 30 seconds before the film started because of a late arriving patron causing an obstructed view to that row.
I like to sit behind the handicapped seats in the second row of the stadium seating section. Often those seats are empty, but when they're not I find that the people with physical impairments and their companions are far more likely than the general population to respectfully watch the movie instead of screwing around on their phones or talking the entire movie. Not sure why, but it works for me.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
The final trailer:

Yup it pretty much didn't give away anything we didn't already know.

For sure. The only thing that of course people might have expected that was confirmed "sort of" is that...

Leia does die in this movie.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
That trailer has me more excited for the movie than the trailers for TFA and TLJ did.

That space battle looks like it's going to be impressive. And it does seem to confirm that Palpatine won't be a physical presence.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That was the best Star Wars trailer since the trailer for The Phantom Menace that was attached to Meet Joe Black.

This saga has been very meaningful for generations of moviegoers, and this final trailer really spoke to that, understood the weight of that.

Things that stood out to me:
  • All of the new environments. With The Force Awakens trailers, you could pick apart of all the things from the classic trilogy that were being replicated. Other than the jungle environment that reminded me a lot of Endor's moon, the environments felt new. I especially loved the ice asteroid with the spaceport built into it.
  • The fraught dynamic between Rey and Kylo Ren is front and center. This is something that The Last Jedi really set up by clearing all of the brush away. I was worried that it would get lost in the shuffle again with Abrams returning, but that does not appear to be the case. Interesting too that at times in the trailer, they're fighting each other while at other times they're fighting a common enemy.
  • The scale is just massive. Much like the final act of Endgame, everything's turned up to eleven.
  • Anthony Daniels's moment as C3PO is just perfection.
  • It sure looks like the Emperor's throne room from the second Death Star is the location of the climactic final battle. It's not certain -- but sure seems likely -- that the submerged wreckage poking out of the waves is also the wreckage of the second Death Star.
  • But that ancient looking Sith throne with all of the arms coming out of it may beg to differ. Perhaps the second Death Star comes midway through the film, and then the final confrontation occurs on the Sith homeworld.
  • After teaser trailer hinted that Rey would be turning to the Dark Side, this trailer doesn't point that way at all.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
New Poster:
ep9still_0013.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks