What's new

Star Wars Episode VIII "The Last Jedi" Coming December 15, 2017 (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's for sure. Because we all know what constitutes a good STAR WARS movie is one that polarizes people with an incoherent story and terrible characterization and characters.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Merry Christmas to all and yes, they're only movies.;)
Merry Christmas, you good ol' Star Wars fans, you! :D

TIme to crank up the bootlegs of the ol' SW Holiday Special--something we can ALL agree on! :rock:

:laugh: Yes, Merry Christmas to all even if we may not agree on what makes a good STAR WARS film or any film for that matter.

Fighting furries at 11!

I'll have to get dressed in my curmudgeonly Mr. Badger costume right around that time. :D

Edit: I cannot resist adding this with that fighting furries at 11 line.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
7713f527-8e58-4017-ae45-65c7693fe090_1.4826676f6a78bd1dd72e3ff7f7b98b24[1].jpeg

Merry Sithmas!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I hope it has force ghost Han Solo. If that happens it might lighten my mood about how 7 turned out.
That would be sweet if he confronted Kylo and gives him some much needed words of wisdom. It would change my entire outlook of the trilogy. And give his death some purpose like Obi-Wan.
So I posted this back in 2016, and promptly got laughed off this thread. But I'm still not sure I was wrong. In The Rise of Skywalker, was
Han Solo a "force ghost" , or just a ghost? Was it all in Ben's head?

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
So I posted this back in 2016, and promptly got laughed off this thread. But I'm still not sure I was wrong. In The Rise of Skywalker, was

I vote
all in Ben's head. Don't see how Han could be a "force ghost" since he wasn't a Jedi.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I vote
all in Ben's head. Don't see how Han could be a "force ghost" since he wasn't a Jedi.

I really don’t think spoilers are needed in a 5 year old thread. :D
Ok Tino, but if I get chewed out, it's your fault:laugh:

Yes, Colin I thought that too but I see that scene around town (internet) labled, and referred to as Han's "Force Ghost" scene. So it made me wonder.

One thing I think I got right is that I predicted that Kylo Ren (Ben) is redeemed at the end of the trilogy to laughs, and boos:blink:. I don't think I was too far off with that one.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I believe it was Harrison Ford himself who was asked about it, saying, “A force ghost? What’s a force ghost? I don’t know what a force ghost is, and I don’t fucking care!”

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
One thing I think I got right is that I predicted that Kylo Ren (Ben) is redeemed at the end of the trilogy to laughs, and boos:blink:. I don't think I was too far off with that one.
Really? That doesn't seem like it would be much of a stretch given Darth Vader's redemption. But maybe people were hoping for something different.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Really? That doesn't seem like it would be much of a stretch given Darth Vader's redemption. But maybe people were hoping for something different.
I thought it was a logical/predictable outcome for Ben Solo. Others did not agree

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Is/was George Lucas a Catholic? Because the idea of being redeemed at the end of your life, no matter how heinous a person you were, is kind of a uniquely Catholic thing.

I find that many films and TV shows create characters so reprehensible that they cannot be redeemed, and then they go ahead and redeem them.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Is/was George Lucas a Catholic? Because the idea of being redeemed at the end of your life, no matter how heinous a person you were, is kind of a uniquely Catholic thing.

I find that many films and TV shows create characters so reprehensible that they cannot be redeemed, and then they go ahead and redeem them.
No, he is Buddhist.

And I'm not sure George even believed that it made a character "good". Because Anakin did the unthinkable and destroyed the man that enslaved him for most of his life isn't too far of a reach. His son was being electrocuted by an evil monster that treated Vader as more of a useless, old wizard that had basically outlived his usefulness ("take your fathers place at my side") than a respected partner in crime ("I told you to remain on the command ship -angry-).

Same with Kylo Ren. One good deed doesn't forgive a life of evil, and make everyone happy.
Redeem is probably not the best word I could have used.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
He was raised in a strict Methodist family.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I feel that it's in Ben's head but if Han had been a ghost (Force or otherwise), I think he would have handled it the same way that Ben imagined. Han loved his son no matter what and wanted the best for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks