What's new

Star Wars: Rebels: Season Four (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Too many new trilogy characters to attract my attention. BB is awful. :) I won’t thrash in the thread once the show starts, though.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
This is an exciting announcement - to get a new Star Wars film or TV show set in a time period where we know almost nothing in advance is an exciting idea.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Too many new trilogy characters to attract my attention.
I could be totally wrong but I expect to see some of the Rebels characters again. I think the main characters will be new but eventually some older characters will reappear (similar to how Rebels had a fair number of characters from The Clone Wars). And how many episodes is Oscar Isaac going to do?

This is an exciting announcement - to get a new Star Wars film or TV show set in a time period where we know almost nothing in advance is an exciting idea.
Thrawn and Ezra certainly seem to be in a good area to tell some stories relating to the origins or rise of the First Order.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
http://www.ew.com/tv/2018/07/19/the...-wars-series-will-return-for-12-new-episodes/

qlqS2OP.jpg

This is terrific news. We got glimpses of the Siege of Mandalore in the Ahsoka novel, and I always hoped we'd someday get to see the full story. I hope they also complete the animation on the unfinished episodes.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yup, this looks to finally start tying off the ending of the series with the opening of Revenge of the Sith, though I'm surprised they're going for as many as 12 episodes. I'd actually been quietly hoping for the last year or two that maybe they'd be allowed to adapt "The Siege of Mandalore"-arc into a feature-length, direct-to-Blu-Ray-type movie.

IIRC, they've previously said that they had most, if not all, of the scripts through to Season 8 completed, so there's plenty of material just sitting on the shelf if Disney wants to order another batch of episodes, if this run proves a success.

Also, Filoni stepped down as Star Wars: Rebels' supervising director/showrunner back in 2016 after Season 2 (with Justin Ridge replacing him for Seasons 3-4) in order to oversee various Lucasfilm Animation projects. Apparently, this was one of them. I can see why he jumped at the chance. There's nothing quite like closure.

Speaking of, I'd love to get more Ian McDiarmid. Hopefully he'll be back for this, too.

Last edited:

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
I have not watched this series - should I start from the beginning (worth it?) or are the eps I can just watch to catch up?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I have not watched this series - should I start from the beginning (worth it?) or are the eps I can just watch to catch up?
There's 75 episodes (which, at 22 minutes, isn't THAT many) so I'd recommend watching them all. It's not really a serialized story but since it focuses on one group, it's tough to just pick and choose individual episodes. And it's not like the show is coming back so you can watch them at your leisure over the next two or three years if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks