What's new

Star Wars: Rebels: Season Four (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Still haven't watched the first half of the season. Unfortunately on Dish Network we only get Disney XD in SD, so I have been hesitant to watch. It used to be that we could get the HD On Demand, but when I tried to do that either they just weren't available (or perhaps had expired).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
What a great group of episodes this has been. Since it seems like people watch this show whenever they get a chance during the week, I'll refrain from posting any spoilers but there's been some big events.

I think the last three episodes are going to result in some hard losses especially with characters from The Clone Wars like Rex and others.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Very solid two episodes. however iTunes...
spoiled the second episode by having Ahsoka in the thumbnail.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
My gut tells me that there will still be a lot more Kanan in the show. Either via force ghost or he's not really dead. Too many loose threads introduced that can't be resolved if he's really gone. Why go to the trouble of creating a new look for him? Why have his eyesight return 2 seconds before he's dead? We never saw what his commune with the LothWolfs was telling him. Hera says she loves him 2 seconds before he dies? All this cannot just be dropped now.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My gut tells me that there will still be a lot more Kanan in the show. Either via force ghost or he's not really dead. Too many loose threads introduced that can't be resolved if he's really gone. Why go to the trouble of creating a new look for him? Why have his eyesight return 2 seconds before he's dead? We never saw what his commune with the LothWolfs was telling him. Hera says she loves him 2 seconds before he dies? All this cannot just be dropped now.
I'm just speculating but I don't think that
Kanan will make an appearance as a Force ghost since they're stuck with what's established in the prequels that you need to learn that ability. However, they're doing some crazy stuff with the Force so if any of next week's episodes are more 'mystical', I think that come a dark time, Kanan could return to aid Ezra.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I'm just speculating but I don't think that
Kanan will make an appearance as a Force ghost since they're stuck with what's established in the prequels that you need to learn that ability. However, they're doing some crazy stuff with the Force so if any of next week's episodes are more 'mystical', I think that come a dark time, Kanan could return to aid Ezra.
All Kanan really needed was a dimebag, a crashpad, and a Whill shaman, and baby, you got a stew going.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Extensive interview with Dave Filoni on Rebels Finale and Star Wars in general.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Finally caught up with the last few episodes. It was a great finish, and as a whole, the series stands as one of the best Star Wars installments there is. Indeed, this and Clone Wars are better than most of the Star Wars films. I very much look forward to seeing what Filoni and team do next.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I fully expected and wanted them to end the series at Scarif/Rogue One but they were 100% correct to not do that. As Filoni said in the interview a couple posts back, that was the Rebellion's story and this show finished up the story of these rebels.

Rex was a pretty old dude (with his age acceleration, he was 72 years old) by the time of the battle of Endor. Glad to see he made it though.

Filoni said in the behind the scenes featurette that
both Ezra and Thrawn survived. Obviously, Ezra was going to be OK but I was surprised that Thrawn lived. Glad they can still use him as a character in the next series.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Does the use of Thrawn in the show make the Zahn trilogy of books (Heir to the Empire/ Dark Force Rising/ The Last Command) canon? If so, those books take place after the Battle of Endor, so Thrawn would have to survive. Those books are credited with the resurgence in popularity for Star Wars in the early 90s - although, to be honest and not to take away anything from those books - Star Wars fans were so starved for Star Wars by '91 that a new season of Ewoks might have done the trick.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I was working from the assumption that the Zahn books were canon—I haven’t paid any attention to the new movies after TFA—but, since they were probably contradicted, I guess we’re supposed to assume Rukh did die here.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Any Novel that came out before 2014 isn't canon. The book that Zahn came out with last year and the one he is writing now are canon. It has nothing to do if anything was actually contradicted or not.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yeah, the Thrawn Trilogy from the '90s is no longer canonical, but lots of elements from those books (Thrawn, Rukh, Capt. Pellaeon, various planets and ships) have since been recanonized in the new Disney continuity, and Zahn's new hardcovers are set in the Disney canon as well. There's lots of love for the old Expanded Universe by the folks making the new shows, and they're bringing over a bunch of stuff where they can fit it in organically -- I'm guessing that Mara Jade might eventually make it into in a future production too at some point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks