What's new

STAR TREK: TNG Tv & movie question (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
I never watched Star Trek because I was always afraid of getting hooked on it, and there are SO many episodes.

But, thanks to SpikeTV, I am now hooked on the Next Generation.

So I got the first season on dvd and watching a few shows on Spike TV.

My quesiton is this: I want to watch everything in order, so when do I watch the 3 movies?: Generations, Insurrection, First Contact..

Is there a site with the timeline for the movies and where they go in the series? I looked at startrek.com but it didnt corrallate the movies and tv shows.

Anyone know or know where I can find out?

PS: For now im just sticking with TNG

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
All of the next generation movies were made (and fall chronologically within the ST universe) after the end of the series (seventh season).

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
Anthony,

That's an easy one. All seven seasons of TNG preceed "Generations" (there are those that think the series finale "All Good Things..." should have been the movie and Generations should have been the series finale). The other films proceed in order thereafter (I don't know about Nemesis.... haven't seen that one yet)

Edit: David beat me to it.....:)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

That's what they all say. ;)

If you want to watch the movies so they have the same impact as they did when they came out, then you also need to have watched Deep Space Nine as well (not a hardship as arguably it's the best of all the Star Trek canon). However, only watch the episodes of DS9 that were released up to the point where a particular movie came out before carrying on watching DS9.

You don't 'have' to do this, but there are some nice little in-jokes that you won't get unless you are up to date with the TV series. The same goes for the later movies and Voyager.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I think you'll find, after Generations and First Contact that the next two movies arent as good as some of the episodes.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

I'll second that. Just pretend it never happened. I did as soon as I left the theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks