What's new

Star Trek: TNG Season 5 arrives (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Hi all,
I did a search and I'm surprised nobody posted about this yet. I got my copy at Best Buy today for $99. Not only does it sell for $99, not only does it have an extra DVD, not only does it have a teaser mini-CD for Nemesis, but I got a $10 gift card with it to boot!

As always, it looks and sounds on par with the rest. I don't have a lot of time to look at it because we're going to vote so I'll check it out more later.

Mike

Yannick Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Their's also a mail-in rebate inside the box for $25 US / $30 CDN if you buy season 5, 6 and 7.
Unfortunately, the rebate don't apply where I live :angry: (Province of Quebec), see my thread in the Studio Feedback Forum here .
YM
XBL Gamertag: Athos

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
The girl at the counter just gave it to me. I didn't ask for it.

Mike

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Maybe she was hitting on you. You should go shopping there tomorrow, just in case. ;)
-Dave

Derek Baker

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe she was hitting on you
I was thinking this too...
You MUST be aware of these things while purchasing your DVD's!!! I know it's hard not to get carried away with the thought of adding another title to your collection, but if a girl is hitting on you...C'mon!
:)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
My online vendor nearly always delivers my pre-orders the day before streetdate. Almost always.

So, of course, I was expecting my Season Five boxset yesterday.

Didn't arrive.

No problem, I thought. Maybe all the DVD traffic lately caused a slight delay. Tuesday it is, then.

I arrive home this evening, and it's still not there. Late.

Which is why I've gone online tonight, despite my lingering flu. I am dashing an e-mail to my vendor tonight, demanding to know where my Season Five boxset is.

(I had hoped to see Darmok tonight, after Redemption, Part Two.)

I am disturbed. Not happy.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
COstco did'nt put them on the florr and did'nt know where they were so I guess I'm waitng till Friday onthis one. No Big Deal I'm still finishing up season4

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey Mike_G-

I picked up a copy of Season 5 Box set today at Best Buy too with the expectation of the Best Buy bonus disc. But my package didn’t have the usual extra disc glued to the back of the box under the label. I’m afraid to open my box until I confirm it’s inside the box. Are the items you described, the mini CD Nemesis disc and the extra DVD with extras inside the box? There is as sticker outside regarding the $25 rebate.

Thanks, Nelson

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Nelson, although I'm not buying mine until Friday, I went into BB and "fondled" the package a bit.

The bonus disc exclusive to BB and their family of stores is stuck to the back exactly as it has been in previous releases. I presume the Nemesis thing is inside the box, as it is not a BB exclusive and I saw the same "Nemesis mini-CD/get the $25 rebate" long sticker on the boxes at Costco, too. But the package you got sounds like its missing the bonus disc. I'd go back and try to find a copy with the bonus disc, or ask management about the situation.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Nelson,
The extra DVD is glued to the back of the box, underneath the paper used to show what's in the set.

The Nemesis CD is inside the box.

Mike

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator
and they just used dots of rubber cement this time instead of permanently bonding the disc and paper to the back of the box!
Hooray!! :D :D :D

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info guys. I'm going bback to BB to exchange. The BB I went to only had 2 copies,they both didn't have the extra DVD glued to the back.

Nelson

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
Finally, I have "The Inner Light" on DVD. I consider this to be the finest hour of Star Trek ever. I got my set at Best Buy, which for some odd reason didn't have them on display. They were in the security counter at the front of the store. The Blue Shirt speculated that they were high theft items. Wha?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
So I am to understand that the $10 giftcard is a fluke? It would be enough to convince me to go to Best Buy instead of Costco if it were true.

Steven_J_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
The fact that Patrick Stewart never won an Emmy for "The Inner Light" is sad. Probably one of the finest hours of television history. And also the great music score by Jay Chattaway.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yes if he was ever going to be nominated Inner Light or I thought Darmok would've been it, but Alas emmy voters don't take Sci Fi Seriously. I thought Tony Todd derserved attention for the role of the Older Jake Sisko in DS9's The Visitor one of that Series Great shows. Once Again No go. TNG was thrown a token Emmy Nod as Best Dramatic series in it's final Year, when it was clearly on the decline. So it lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks