What's new

SPL Meter (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Got mine from Radio Shack. I think you can get one with a digital read out, but the one I have with needle read out I really like.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Bob - you are lucky that Radio Shack still has stores in Edmonton.

Have a look for their new analog meter (US number 33-4050) or new digital meter (US number 33-2055).

I think I paid about 65CAD for my old analog 5 years ago, not sure what they run now in Canada but it is worth the money.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The digital meter will cost you a lot more without giving you any more functionality for your application, which is calibrating your sound system with Avia or Video Essentials. I think I paid about $30 US for my Rat Shack analog in 1997 and I've never had a problem with it through four changes of residence and numerous interim tweaks.

Regards,

Joe

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
the Radio Shack for about $40 US is what most of us use.

It is NOT the most accurate/calibrated unit. You can spend upwards of $200+ for higher end units that come with calibration curves - but you dont need this.

You really dont care that the inexpensive RS unit is +/- 10%. As long as it measures the volume the same for all 5 of your speakers - it's a great reference.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks