What's new

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (2023) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Across the Spider-Verse is coming back. Courtesy Sony social media:

416385969_905248207630009_6483841164579811980_n.jpg

418313559_5824212827703669_4121976334253988011_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm excited to see the short. I remember hearing about that a while ago and wondering when it would come out. But given the cliffhanger ending of Across with Miles being stuck in the wrong universe, this is a very strange time to put it out. It appears that the short takes place before the events of Across. If that is the case, it would have made more sense to release a short about Miles being at home with his family before introducing a cliffhanger about him not being able to get there. I wasn't really expecting to see Miles again until Beyond is ready.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Too bad that theatrical 3D is all but gone now...SPIDER-VERSE had some of the greatest 3D I've ever seen. Guess any follow-ups will, alas, be flat.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Sony is sending out Across the Spider-Verse on a concert tour with the prerecorded instrumental score removed. Daniel Pemberton's music will instead be played live by a full orchestra synched to a screening of the film. Tour dates and information are at the website below.

They did this last year with Into the Spider-Verse. The orchestra who toured performing that was The Broadway Sinfonietta, an all-women and majority women of color orchestra. It was an incredible, deeply memorable experience which I was very grateful to see and hear. Of course, the movie was the same great movie it has always been. But the music, of which I have always been a big fan, was even more powerful when being played right there in the room. Based on that, I can certainly recommend the experience to anyone who might want to go see Across done this way.

I'm thrilled that this is now happening again with Across the Spider-Verse as I was hoping that would be the case since last year. I can't wait to see it.

Last edited:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Just saw this announced through my local performing arts center for a mid October date. I will probably get tickets for me and my brother to go, since we went to the movie together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javilim01
Recent bookmarks