What's new

Barbie (2023) (1 Viewer)

Peter Keller

Agent
Real Name
Peter
^I wonder though... do people who benefit from ASL actually prefer that to subtitles and/or SDH/CC for watching movies and such? I honestly have no idea. Of course, ASL is (or may be) universal(?) whereas as subtitles/SDH would be (conventional/non-universal) language-specific. And I suppose ASL may generally be used more elaborately/thoroughly, better, etc than certainly subtitles (which won't generally cover non-dialog sounds) and maybe also SDH just because there may be better attention/effort/capacity spent/afforded on that by those (possibly more invested) involved...

_Man_
Yikes, looks like a gimmick! 🤦🏻‍♂️ Not me nor the deaf members in my family…we all preferred subtitles first!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Hollywood Reporter published Greta Gerwig and Noah Baumbach's forward for the published script book of Barbie.

81dkXKzOS+L._AC_UY436_QL65_.jpg
Also, here is a sample of how the ASL interpreted version works with the "I'm Just Ken" number.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just stumbled on this good interview with Greta Gerwig at the BFI London Film Festival last month.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Greta Gerwig receiving the Director of the Year Award at the Palm Springs Film Festival.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Kind of like the pointless Billboard or People's Choice Awards that all go to the biggest, most popular titles of the year.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
A few things of interest:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks