What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: Columbia Classics Ultra 4K HD Collection Volume 2 (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I can't more highly recommend subscribing to UPS MyChoice which can automatically upgrade all Surepost packages to UPS Ground. $10-20 per year if you find an active promo code (sometime a Free Month or $3 for 3 month trial).

I bet I've had at least 20-30 packages over the last year upgraded. The service recently dropped from $40/yr to 15-20/year
David, thank you for everything you do for this forum with your suggestions and valued information.

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Mine shipped from deepdiscount yesterday and is estimated to be here Friday. I'm mostly excited to see how Oliver! Looks and sounds. It's always been one of my favorite musical films.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Stores are starting to show this set as sold out. Deep Discount seems to have removed it. Target says sold out . Best Buy says ships in 3 to 4 weeks. Amazon and Walmart still show in stock. Walmart actual says preorder but shows delivery by Sunday.

Update: The listing is back at Deep Discount but the only option seems to be is add to Wish List.
So they don't seem to be taking new orders at this time.

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Stores are starting to show this set as sold out. Deep Discount seems to have removed it, Target says sold out . Best Buy says ships in 3 to 4 weeks. Amazon and Walmart still show in stock. Walmart actual says preorder but shows delivery by Sunday.
It has sold out at Amazon US. The one listed on that site is from Amazon UK. It is selling out even faster than Vol 1.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Stores are starting to show this set as sold out. Deep Discount seems to have removed it, Target says sold out . Best Buy says ships in 3 to 4 weeks. Amazon and Walmart still show in stock. Walmart actual says preorder but shows delivery by Sunday.
It has sold out at Amazon US. The one listed on that site is from Amazon UK. It is selling out even faster than Vol 1.
So much about these box sets being expensive with titles that people don't want in their collection. Granted, some people probably didn't want all six of these titles, but this Sony marketing strategy is working for them so it will probably continue in the future.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
So much about these box sets being expensive with titles that people don't want in their collection. Granted, some people probably didn't want all six of these titles, but this Sony marketing strategy is working for them so it will probably continue in the future.
The accompanying book is really nice and the box is designed well. It fits in a shelf designed for standard blu-rays, unlike quite a few of the Criterion boxes. There are now so many great titles being released, especially as UHDs, I've had to make new shelves to store them!
IMG_5828.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The accompanying book is really nice and the box is designed well. It fits in a shelf designed for standard blu-rays, unlike quite a few of the Criterion boxes. There are now so many great titles being released, especially as UHDs, I've had to make new shelves to store them!
View attachment 115942
I love those shelves, I wish I can hire you to build me some here in America.:)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The have all the digital codes redeemed upgraded to 4K?
Got my set today (Amazon), and just got done putting my codes into MoviesAnywhere. All 6 redeemed at 4K.
Unfortunately, the 4K digitals are screwed up once again. Sure, they redeemed in 4K on MoviesAnywhere. However, there are issues if you play the movies on iTunes or even Vudu. For iTunes, it's only the theatrical cut of "Stripes" plus it's in HD. Furthermore since you can't preview it that means that individual digital isn't available for purchase. Yet, the extended cut in 4K with iTunes Extras is available to purchase this week on iTunes for $9.99. Also, on Vudu, it's only the theatrical cut, but at least it's in 4K, but with no extras. On MoviesAnywhere, I see only the theatrical cut of "Stripes" in 4K. In short, if you redeem your 4K code on MA, the extended version of "Stripes" isn't available to watch on MA, iTunes nor Vudu.

There are other issues with some of the other titles too, but I'm just too tired and frustrated to go into them except to say "Oliver!" is only in HD on iTunes.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Not seeing what you are seeing. Amazon US still seems to be selling the US verstion with the Digital Codes.The price has even gone down from $120 to $106.46. Apparently it was down to $99.95 at Amazon per the link below but is now $106.46 when this was written.

Last edited:

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Unfortunately, the 4K digitals are screwed up once again. Sure, they redeemed in 4K on MoviesAnywhere. However, there are issues if you play the movies on iTunes or even Vudu. For iTunes, it's only the theatrical cut of "Stripes" plus it's in HD. Furthermore since you can't preview it that means that individual digital isn't available for purchase. Yet, the extended cut in 4K with iTunes Extras is available to purchase this week on iTunes for $9.99. Also, on Vudu, it's only the theatrical cut, but at least it's in 4K, but with no extras. On MoviesAnywhere, I see only the theatrical cut of "Stripes" in 4K. In short, if you redeem your 4K code on MA, the extended version of "Stripes" isn't available to watch on MA, iTunes nor Vudu.

There are other issues with some of the other titles too, but I'm just too tired and frustrated to go into them except to say "Oliver!" is only in HD on iTunes.
Sony botching things up again😠

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Stores are starting to show this set as sold out. Deep Discount seems to have removed it. Target says sold out . Best Buy says ships in 3 to 4 weeks. Amazon and Walmart still show in stock. Walmart actual says preorder but shows delivery by Sunday.

Update: The listing is back at Deep Discount but the only option seems to be is add to Wish List.
So they don't seem to be taking new orders at this time.

11:30am ET -- Deep Discount has it listed again for $100 and 15% CANDYCORN applying (+3.99 heavy shipping and tax) so around 89+tax. CANDYCORN should expire at 1pm ET(NOON CT) if the T&C is followed

Amazon was sold out at least briefly, but it popped up for sale again for the US at least. I understand international deliveries may still be blocked. I also have not seen the US price drop below $120 -- if it did it was very briefly where 3-Camel didn't record it. The Canadian set is 99 now and was briefly $90CAD (unable to ship Internationally though)

Target listed sold out
BBY has it 3-4 weeks for delivery so I'll assume same as backordered though those estimates have often been quite exagerrated

Last edited:

cinemel1

Second Unit
Real Name
Mel Matsil
And What are you going to look at first? The outstanding restoration of Anatomy Of A Murder?
Received mine yesterday. Last night gave most of the discs a quick once over. Anatomy, Oliver, S&S and Taxi Driver look and sound great. I’ve never seen Stripes. The book is a fine bonus. The individual articles about their restorations are my favorites. I almost forgot about the bonus shorts on a separate disc. I don’t think I ever even looked at the bonus disc on the Vol. I set. I think I’ll watch Oliver tonight. I guess I’ll have to keep the blu-rays of Oliver, Anatomy, and S&S due to some extras not on the UHD set. S&S and Oliver have isolated music tracks on the Twilight Time blu-rays.
The previously released blu-rays of Social Network & Taxi Driver came with nice books, so I guess I’ll keep those too.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What are you going to look at first? The outstanding restoration of Anatomy Of A Murder?
Oops, forgot to answer this post. I don't know which title I'll watch first as last month, I did watch the 4K digital of "Anatomy of a Murder". I'm so far behind my "watch" list right now, I'm prioritizing some westerns and horror films.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
11:30am ET -- Deep Discount has it listed again for $100 and 15% CANDYCORN applying (+3.99 heavy shipping and tax) so around 89+tax. CANDYCORN should expire at 1pm ET(NOON CT) if the T&C is followed
Seems gone again at Deep Discount. Maybe it will come back after 15% coupon expires shortly. Now you get message that item can't be found, which was also true yesterday.

The price at Amazon went back to $120.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks