Speed up and Slow down

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee_eel, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

Has anyone else noticed slowdown or speed up when watching a movie on dvd. I am not talking about the disc skipping but rather a obvious problem with the authoring of the disc where an action scene for example seems to be moving slower than it should or faster even! I have noticed it only once on one movie (Cape Fear) and i have 200 dvds. However this problem is really bugging me. I am region 2 and have a Sony S735d which is normally superb and plays even tricky discs like The Matrix and Seven with no problems at all. Any help would be appreciated

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Just out of curiosity, how are you determining "than it should" in your statement "moving slower than it should or faster even"?

Vince

3. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

I would say that after watching lots of movies on dvd the on screen movement just doesn't seem normal compared to my other discs. It is a noticeable but slight slow down of the picture. i could understand it if i was watching on a computer because sometimes other programs effect the speed of the picture but not on a 500 pound dvd player!

4. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

5. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

No, bacause i have seen the same sequence on VHS.

6. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

Anyone else seen this please (region 1 or 2)

7. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

Sorry, i should of mentioned the exact sequence. It's when Juliette Lewis has just left her friend in the school corridor and skips towards the door (just before she meets De niro in the drama hall) Her movement seems strange for a split second has if in slow motion. (It is not meant to be)