What's new

Speed up and Slow down (1 Viewer)

Lee_eel

Second Unit
Has anyone else noticed slowdown or speed up when watching a movie on dvd. I am not talking about the disc skipping but rather a obvious problem with the authoring of the disc where an action scene for example seems to be moving slower than it should or faster even! I have noticed it only once on one movie (Cape Fear) and i have 200 dvds. However this problem is really bugging me. I am region 2 and have a Sony S735d which is normally superb and plays even tricky discs like The Matrix and Seven with no problems at all. Any help would be appreciated

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Just out of curiosity, how are you determining "than it should" in your statement "moving slower than it should or faster even"?

Vince

Lee_eel

Second Unit
I would say that after watching lots of movies on dvd the on screen movement just doesn't seem normal compared to my other discs. It is a noticeable but slight slow down of the picture. i could understand it if i was watching on a computer because sometimes other programs effect the speed of the picture but not on a 500 pound dvd player!

Lee_eel

Second Unit
Sorry, i should of mentioned the exact sequence. It's when Juliette Lewis has just left her friend in the school corridor and skips towards the door (just before she meets De niro in the drama hall) Her movement seems strange for a split second has if in slow motion. (It is not meant to be)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks