What's new

Sped up audio/video problem (1 Viewer)

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all,

I've been having this strange problem with my computer for a little while. Every now and then when I play an audio or video file, the playback will be sped up. The audio will sound like the Chipmunks and if there is video, it is sped up, as well. This happens with any type of media file I try (mp3, wma, quicktime, etc.). Restarting the computer does solve the problem but only temporarily. I have run numerous virus scans so I think that can be ruled out. My computer is a Dell with a P4 running XP. It's only a little over a year old.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Darren

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Try using Zoom Player for video and your favorite music program for audio (ie- Winamp, iTunes, Muusicmatch...).

If you want to stick with WIndows Media Player make sure you have the latest version (10).

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,

Thanks for the reply.

I thought maybe my version of windows media player could be the problem but I installed 10 and still have the problem.

When the problem pops up, it occurs with everything - quicktime, windows media, musicmatch, etc.

Any reason why you think Zoom Player would help? Any idea what the root problem is?

Thanks again.

Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks