What's new

speaking of new puppies... (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
came home with a new viszla tonight.
Adorable little pup, but now I remember why I always said I'd never raise another puppy. Jesus christ.

I'll post pics tomorrow if/when I can get her to sit still.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Named her on the way home, piper.
She already comes to that and it's engraved on the nametag so I guess we're stuck with it.

Pretty good first night, she slept for about 2 hours at a time in her crate, then whined, so I'd take her out to pee and repeat. About 6am she wouldn't go to sleep in her crate so I let her run around on the bed and play, but she curled up and is still sleeping there as I type this :laugh:

I'll link the pics instead of tagging them.

www.whereyou.at/philip/piper1.jpg
www.whereyou.at/philip/piper2.jpg

I think her big sister springer spaniel is more excited to see her than we are!

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
here's another pic of my new friend

http://www.whereyou.at/philip/piper3.jpg

I'm afraid she's not doing well, the vet isn't sure what's wrong with her yet, but she's spending the night in the vet's office :frowning:

she's got a bad cough, a snotty nose, a fever, and isn't eating or drinking, and hasn't responded to oral antibiotics at all, doesn't sound good.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Philip,

I'm not religious, but will pray for little Piper's full recovery. Hopefully you'll have many happy years together.
Best of luck, man!

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
hopefully she'll be back home soon terrorizing me and her "big sister" charlie.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Cute dog Phil, now you got me wanting another one. Hopefully, her cough is nothing serious and she'll be home soon and in full terror mode for you guys. My thoughts are with you guys.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
not looking good, after a night of penecillin and fluids she's worse, her fever is up to 104.6 and her breathing is really labored, still no idea what it is.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Oh man, that sucks Phil. So sorry to hear her condition is worsening. And so suddenly it seems. Keep the faith man, hopefully this all works out.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
not much i can do put trust in my vet. he's new, but so far I like him.
course I'd take advice from dr julian too if he happened to wander by :D

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Piper must get better, the power of the Philip's demands it! Sorry, not making light of your situation bud, but sometimes a little humor (or lame attempt at it) helps. :b Hang in there Piper!

BTW Philip, where did you get her? Breeder? Kennel Club? Pet store? Maybe you could contact them and see if they have had any previous problems like this? Just an idea.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I got her from n. washington kennels up on 68th, a fairly reputable shop I thought. All their dogs are right from the breeder, no mills.

I did call them, and then their vet, she's going up there and their vet is going to take care of her at no charge and they'll give her back to me when she's healthy, but I'm not sure how much faith I have in THEIR vet... you know, best care you can get for 9.99$ or less

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Thats where I got our runt. They seemed rather reputable at the time and advertise that they specifically don't use puppy mills, but our dog has had some problems, the worst being a very bad rash that developed on his tummy that required 5 weeks of lime dips and medication. Also had ear problems, eye problems, dew claw grew back ingrown, and he started getting brindel colorings in his initially perfect black/white coat. Next dog I get won't be from the N Washington st Kennels, but from a private breeder where I can meet the breeders personally and the parent of the pups. At least they are trying to help out for free and not to be heartless, but I believe they have a $ back garantee if the unthinkable happens. Keep us informed and best of luck to you and Ms Piper.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
well, she's on her way up there in the car and *REALLY* not doing well. Doesn't sound like she's going to make it.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I recently rescued an adult (2 year old) dog from a local humane society. I know rescuess are hit-or-miss but ours is a home run. Adorable, very healthy, and very well behaved. We love him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks