What's new

Speaker setup and other questions (1 Viewer)

GregHC

Agent
Right now I'm running a 5.1 set-up. I have polk r-50's on the front r20's in the rear, and polk center channel. The 8" paradigm sub is on the floor to the right or the tv when you are facing it.

Basically the left side of the room is competely open, the right side has a fireplace in the corner and row of doors to the patio.

I have a couch on the back wall and recliner next to it. I have the 5.1 set up like most pictures.

But I want to add either a 6th or 7th speaker, and this is where I'm lost. Should I push the couch forward and buy a table and set the rear 6th on it, or 6 and 7 on the corner. I was thinking this may be too much noise when listening since they woulkd be ear high and about 2 inches from your head.

My next Idea was to set them on the floor behind the couch facing up. Would this be too much of a negative thing?

Or should I say heck with the 6/7th speaker and wait and upgrade my speaker?

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
I'd go with "to heck with the 6/7th speaker" option. Having speakers two inches from your head would be irritating...at least to me. Having them on the floor would be ?????? different. I'd think the only clean and reasonable way to go for your setup would be with in-ceiling type speakers. I've got some of the same space limitations and decided the extra two channels weren't worth the effort and am just up-grading my existing speakers.

Mort

GregHC

Agent
Thanks for the reply. The ceiling really isn't a viable option for me.

I was thining the same thing, but not sure which speakers to start with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks