What's new

Speaker separating from its housing - Need advice (1 Viewer)

andsoitgoes

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
Hi everyone!

So I last posted about speaker placement. That’s since been done and I’m happy with it so far, outside of shorting the left surround about 2 feet so that length of cord will forever eat at me, but not enough to drop another $30 on more speaker wire!

Anyway, the other issue I have that I discovered when mounting my speakers was that one of them has separated from the housing. I’m incredibly thankful I discovered this before mounting that one on the wall, because yikes.

What I’m not sure of is the best method to repair the speaker. It works fine still and I have it situated in a way that it mostly stays together, but the problem is my encore speakers weren’t designed to sit flat, so there’s no way I can have it testing on something without it “pulling” the front mount of the speaker housing off.

Even when I do have something to lift it off, it still wants to split out like the picture I’ve included.

Is there anything anyone would recommend using to stick the speaker back together? I usually gorilla glue everything, but I actually care to some degree about the aesthetics here even though the speaker isn’t visible.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 9C0180D9-7FF2-4E67-8CB2-667E8054A4D6.jpeg
    9C0180D9-7FF2-4E67-8CB2-667E8054A4D6.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 90

andsoitgoes

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
What was holding them together before?

Regards.
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Hi Wayne,

Looks like there was a plastic frame in between the casing and the front speaker itself.

Seems like something happened to crack the plastic it was glued to and it’s now broken so there’s nothing for it to hold on to.

I was thinking of using a type of super glue on the broken plastic but I’m also anxious doing something that might damage the speaker housing.

Hope that helps? If I don’t have it supported, it now fully releases from the frame and I’m nervous it’s going to further cause or get damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks