What's new

Speaker Questions (1 Viewer)

DavidKid

Auditioning
I'm looking to setup my HT and need some sugestions on speakers. I haven't settled on a receiver yet but it will either be the Denon 2803 or the h/k 325. I have a budget of $1500 (cdn) for the fronts, surrounds, center channel and a sub. I have received good recommendations from people on Nuance, Polk, PSB. Can you please give your opinion on the speakers I mentioned and any others you think may fall into my price range.

Thanks

DavidKid

Auditioning
Also I was wondering if I should go with 4 bookshelf and a center channel or 2 tower, 2 bookshelf, and a ccenter channel. Both variations will include a sub.

Any ideas welcome

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
David I’d check out the Rocket Package # 8 for $1,100. For the sub, you might get a deal from AV123 because you are buying a packing for the $600 UFW-10 Rocket sub or if not, the Adire Rava at $400 is a very fine value.

I have not heard the center channel in this package, but I think that the RS150s are very fine bookshelves in their price range.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Check out paradigm too, especially since you are in canada. Oh, and axiom too, they have dealers in Canada. I've not heard them, but they get recommended a lot, and as long as you have the opportunity to listen, don't pass it up. Really, you should spend some time listening to as many recommendations as you can, and narrowing down your list. This way you can also get ideas as to whether you want or need floorstanders from a particular manufacturer. Some bookshelf dish out satisfying and good bass, other don't, and perhaps may have more detail and better mid-range/highs instead, which may prompt you to want to step up to a floorstander if you miss that bass. I personally prefer the better bookshelf over the inferior tower. It's all preference.

Then go back and listen to what you have left, and pick what sounds best to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks