What's new
World Wide Stereo

Speaker Position Question (Pics) (1 Viewer)

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator
I am in the process of framing out my basement for my home theater. The room measures 18' long by 12' feet wide. Below is a link to a picture of the TV wall. I already know from searching the archives that optimal speaker position is ear level while sitting, but I have a couple issues. I would like to put the center channel right under the TV opening and put the sub woofer right underneath it. Is the sub going to over power the center channel? Is there a rule of thumb where the sub should be placed? Is the center channel going to be OK under the TV or should I place it on top. The ceiling is only 7' from the floor.

Also the should the left and rights be facing straight ahead or on an angle crossing the room? The same question for the rears. They are going to be high up in the back wall corners. Should they be facing straight ahead or on an angle?

Click Here

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

If you toe them in at an angle, it will create a larger sweet spot. But it's not absolutely necessary IMHO.

BTW, please post more construction pics, if you can. It helps those of us who's theaters are built and want to live vicariously through others. :)

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I have even given some more pictures. I was wondering if anyone had some advise on speaker position. The center is going to go under the TV (40" sony wega - any opinions on this bad boy are welcome too) and the sub will go under that. The left and rights are going to go in the openings to the left and right of the tv. Are they suppose to be at ear level when seated? The rears are going to be close to the ceiling facing forward - where do most of the professionals place their rears? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks