What's new

Speaker Distances?? (1 Viewer)

JayKellen

Stunt Coordinator
I just had a quick question on how to set your speaker distances on your receiver. Does this actually make a difference? Let's say for example, someone has a smaller room, and are seated very closely to the front speakers as well as the rears. Could they get better effects if they told the receiver the rears were farther away than they actually were and vice versa with the fronts? I set my receiver up with the fronts being 10 feet away and the rears 4 feet away (which is exact) but what would happen if i said the fronts were 4 and the rears were 10? Would the effects and loudness change?

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I think the sound would just be delayed if you told your receiver your speakers were farther than they are. I would recommend setting the distance correctly for proper delay. Thats my opinion.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Distance settings do not affect the volume, they only affect the delay. The individual channel volume adjustments adjust the volume. The point of the delays, is that you get all the sound arriving simultaneously from speakers that may not be equidistant.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks