What's new

Something new? (1 Viewer)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Did you add/change something? I keep getting asked if I want Macromedia Flash Player 6? Just Curious.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
It looks like the Philips DVDR985 banner is causing this. Any way to change it so it doesn't prompt to download Flash? The banner still appears even though I don't download and install Flash 6.

KJP

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Seems like Kevin's on to it.

But, I went ahead and did the Flash Player Six download. Just curious, why are you guys apprehensive about it?

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Just curious (as originally stated), but now that no mods have addressed it I'm getting really paranoid. :crazy:
Maybe the HTF staff has decided to play hardball and has placed some new MFP6 content on the site that will fill new HTF members brains with subliminal messages...but what, what sort of messages? Images of posters heads being lopped off after posting a "which is better, DTS/DD?" thread? Steve's Evil Hand spanking a bare-assed poster after naming a vendor that broke street date? What is their diabolical plan? :eek:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I implemented the flash question so that you would download the latest version of flash, it doesn't ask you that question if you already have it on your system, so that you could see the banner. It was in there more so for compatability for members that use Netscape and IE on the Mac that might have trouble with the banner otherwise. I have removed the check.

Parker

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Why is it that on windows ie, it always downloads the particular component first, and THEN asks you if you want to install it??? This has always cheezed me off, as I have a piddly 56k modem connection. I logged on to the HTF the other day, and sat there for 10 mins while the page loaded. After the 10 mins, the dialog popped up saying "hey do you want to install mm v.6?" Thank god I clicked on yes, or it would take 10 mins to load the page every time I went there.
BTW, this isn't specific to the HTF page here, all pages I visit that have some special component required do this. Why the hell can't it ask me if I want the damn thing BEFORE it downloads it???:angry: :angry:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jeff:

Well I took that part of the code out so it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Sorry for the long delays and all the questions guys. I didn't really realize it would be that big of a deal.

Parker

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The only puzzlement I had was when entering from the main page, and choosing "flash" or "non-flash" option, that when choosing "non-flash" you were still asked if you wanted to download the Flash plug-in. If you choose the non-flash option, why would you want the Flash plug-in?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Malcolm:

They were referring to the flash used on the main announcement area about the DVD R. The line about needing Flash 6 is only if you want to view the Flash page. If you skip the flash intro there is no need to download anything.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks