Some pics of my (almost) finished HT

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Darren H, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Darren H

Darren H Second Unit

The installation was completed about two weeks ago. There's still quite a bit of painting to do, but, otherwise, I'm thrilled with how everything has turned out.

http://www.longpauses.com/house/ht.htm

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    NIce equipment Darren. Well done and congratulations ont he new room.

3. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

[​IMG]

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Darren:

Very, very nice. I like the fact that you can either use it as a regular room for talking, setting around the fire, etc. and then switch right on over to watch a movie on the big screen anytime.

5. Owen Bartley

Owen Bartley Second Unit

Great work Darren. I like that theatre a lot. It seems to totally blend in with the function of a normal living room, and then BAM! 100 inch screen. [​IMG]

6. Darren H

Darren H Second Unit

BAM! is right. [​IMG]

The dropdown screen ended up costing nearly as much as the projector, but we decided to go ahead with it precisely because we wanted the room to be multi-functional. Plus, I figured that, with the rapid advancements in projector technology, the screen will outlast the HT1000 by several years.

The greates thing about this HT -- as corny as this sounds -- has been getting to share it with others. I have group showings every Sunday night, and another group of friends is coming over Thursday for dinner and a movie. It captures something of that communal experience you get in a theater. But the seats are comfier and the sound system is better.

7. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

Darren, you should be thrilled!
    That is a really elegant room! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Darren:

That is what I loved about mine. We would have friends over for dinner and a movie. There aren't that many places you can go to today that you can get together as friends for some good food and good company in an environment that is comfortable.

You have acheived all of this and more with the room that you have set up. Great job!

9. Will d s

Will d s Stunt Coordinator

Looks great Darren. Your room is an inspiration for those of us that can't have a dedicated HT.

10. Demetrius

Demetrius Agent

Your multi function HT/Living room looks great. I am considering using the Denon 3805 and a Denon 5900. I also am considering using Klipsch all the way around (RF-7, RS-7, RC-7, and (2 ea) RSW-15. Did you use the auto calibration feature (calibrated mic and all?)

11. Darren H

Darren H Second Unit

I considered the 5900 as well but finally decided that the money I could save with the 2200 would add a bigger bang elsewhere (the motorized screen). I did use the autocalibration feature and have been very pleased with the results. The microphone identified distances to each speaker within an inch. The only problem I continue to wrestle with is low frequency peaks, but they are caused by my horribly-shaped room rather than the receiver/sub combo.