What's new

Some pics of my "almost" finished HT Room (1 Viewer)

BrianKR

Second Unit
I still have a lot of work to do on the room but here is a couple pictures of our room. They will at least give you a general idea of what I am going for.

R-Room

Keep in mind it is a work in progress ;)

Robert McLay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
BrianKR,

Very nice looking room - I wish my work in progress looked this well. Are those acoustical panels made by you? And if so how did you figure out how to make them?

Rob

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

Wonderful, looking forward to more pics. Have any thoughts of FP? Would be totally killer in your setting!

BrianKR

Second Unit
I could picture my equipment in it.
Thx Neil!
I wish I could see your equipment in my room! :emoji_thumbsup:
I have viewed your holodeck several times, I think it's awesome! I am very excited about purchasing a FP and screen but I am trying to be patient so I have no buyer's (little to no ;) ) remorse. You did an incredible job on you DIY screen!

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Sanyo Z1 or the next iteration (biased... i have one)

Sony HS20 is supposed to be the creme dela creme and is due out shortly.

Just a few to get you started :)

BrianKR

Second Unit
David
The new Sony HS20 looks pretty awesome. I was doing some research on it today. I will definitely add it to my short list.

I just added another dozen pictures. It shows my av rack, rear soffit, lights under riser and various other shots. I will take some shots of the sub tomorrow (SVS B4+). It is on the left rear side of the stage.

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

Everything is looking superb! I know that you must be proud of all the work you've done, and damn well should be.

But, please tell me that the final iteration of the room will have no electrical cords running along the floor :)

A SVS B4+, now thats going to add some SERIOUS loud and low end to your theater.

Congrats on a very nice dedicated HT room.

Also, as an aside...

Once you get the FP, you'll wanna throw out the RPTV I can almost bet on it. The 61" Sony in my family room hardly gets any use now-a-days.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
beutiful room, it's just screaming out for a good front projection! Look closly at CRT's to get you closer to the picture quality you have with the RPTV!

Job well done!!!:cool:

Wes

Dan_Morez

Agent
Brian, Nice theater room, looks great! I've been seriously thinking about getting another pair of the RS-7's for a second pair of side surrounds too, but wonder how difficult it would be to set the sound levels for them. For example, If you set the system up from sitting in the sweet spot, will the people sitting in the back be overpowered by the 1st or 2nd pair of surrounds? and not be able to hear the center very good?? Have you encountered this problem? and if so, how did you work around it? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated, it's only thing stopping me from upgrading to a 9.1 setup.

Dan M.

Glenise

Supporting Actor
A lot of people are swearing by the Infocus X1 projector.
It's $999 at several places and had a $100 rebate or more a few months ago.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/InFocus-X1.htm

Here is another one but costs more than the Infocus X1.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/NEC-LT170.htm

I have a 800x600 Sanyo and of course I would rather have an improved resolution liket 1024x78 and at least 1500 lumens but for my first projector it's doing what I want.
My next projector will be at least 1024x768 and 1500 lumens.
I'm frugal so I would never pay an arm or a leg for a projector or computer because there will always be something better for the same price or less months down the road.
I enjoy getting more bang for the buck!

BrianKR

Second Unit
Dan,

A possible 9.1 setup? WOW!
I am not the person to ask about that type of setup.
I am using a 5.1 setup and I am definitely going to add side speakers soon. After a FP and screen it will be the next thing I do.

The only problem is I did not plan on a 7.1 layout. Not the smartest move on my part. I have already found a way around it but I will have pretty long runs of speaker wire. Do you have any pictures of your setup available?

Glenise,

Thx for the info on the FP's.
I was looking at the NEC-LT.
My biggest concern with getting a FP is not having to trade down on picture quality over what I already have. Does a FP exist that could give me the same quality picture you get with a Sony 34XBR910 under 5K?

Dan_Morez

Agent
Sorry, my question about 2 pair of speakers for the side surrounds was directed at the wrong person.....oops!

I was looking at RickBlackers theater setup and seen that he was using double surrounds for the sides. Hopefully he'll read this and reply back :)

Sorry, Brian...no pics yet....but soon

Dan M.

BrianKR

Second Unit
Man, that's a lot of sound Rick has going on!
I am interested in hearing his response as well.
What is 7.1 like Dan?
Did you originally have 5.1 sound or did you jump right into 7.1?

Dan_Morez

Agent
I started with a 5.1 system and then upgraded to a 7.1....7.1 is actually just a 6.1 system with another speaker added in the back to make two center channels. Both speakers play the same signal thats being sent to the 6th channel. The only difference between 6.1 and 7.1 is that you are able to control the volume on each speaker to give a more rap around affect, plus with a single rear center the sounds can be more localized, and it helps takes care of that problem too.....hope I explained that ok :)

But to answer your question, 7.1 sounds pretty damn good, better than 5.1 .....if you have the space.

Dan M.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Brian:

Look into the Infocus 5700 too. I have seen this projector (along with about 100 others) in an outdoor setting shot on to a 10ft by 20ft screen and it was a killer. It lists for $5,000 so you should be able to find it for less.

Another one to check into, if they ever get the thing out, is the Optoma H76.

I agree that in your setting FP is the only way to go. With all that you are putting into your sound FP will give the same if not greater impact for your visual end.

With the budget that you have for a projector you are going to be able to get a great picture and still have money left over.

Parker

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Does a FP exist that could give me the same quality picture you get with a Sony 34XBR910 under 5K?

Not sure, but I'm sure someone knows the answer.

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
Brian,
Looks fantastic!

Glenise,
Depends on light control, your video source and size of the screen. If you have light control and go with a relatively small screen, the picture could indeed be close to a tube. Obviously, it won't be the same but having the bigger picture is often worth giving up some of the brightness and contrast you get with a tube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks