What's new

Soderbergh Goes Minimalist For His Next Film (1 Viewer)

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
No, not Ocean's Eleven.:)
I'm talking about his next one, How to Survive a Hotel Room Fire. One of the actors reports that the first page of the script says:
"Please be advised of the following: 1) You will drive yourself to the set. If you have someone else drive you, fine, but you'll be subject to immense ridicule; 2) You will provide your own hair and makeup; 3) There is no craft service. You should eat something before you get to the set; 4) You will be interviewed about your character; 5) You will be interviewed about everybody else's character, and all of this may end up in the final film."
At the bottom it says:
"If you don't like any of these ideas, then send the script back to where it came from."
Moreover, they're planning only 18 shooting days.
Hard to believe this movie stars Julia Roberts. :eek: It should be interesting.
Rob

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Bizzare! That should be interesting.

And what's his thing for Julia Roberts?

Every time I see her I think "the action star for moms."

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I wonder if this means he's going to give up the blue and brown filters. :laugh:

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Hard to believe this movie stars Julia Roberts
Well that just ruined my day. Soderbergh is one of my favorite directors, but I don't understand why he is casting that no-talent in another of his movies. This being the third time. I'm really excited to see Ocean's 11 but that twit Julia Roberts and block-of-wood Matt Damon sure put a damper on things. :angry:

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I think both Pitt and Roberts are good actors.
Sounds like a good movie so far. :)
/Mike

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I think Roberts has caught a bad rap for her early pop success and roles. I can see that she has limits, but I think they are much farther out than most people credit her for, especially with the right director. I thought she single-handedly drove Brockavich (w/ the help of SS of course).

Pitt is one of the best actors out right now, IMO. With Spacey and Norton coming to mind quickly as well.

Damon has showed his strength by contrasting Ripley with Good Will Hunting.

I think Roberts trusts SS for sure and it sounds like Fire might allow her to show more range.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Are you all off yer rockers, Julia Roberts, a good actress ?

I havent seen that much forced emotion since the last time Nancy Kerrigan tripled lutzed and got a 9.5 from the Russian judge.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks