1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs Signature Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. noel aguirre

noel aguirre Second Unit
    Supporter

noel
    The 2nd also came with a Digital Copy and classier cover so if you wanted that it was worth it.

2. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Didn't I read somewhere that these remaining compilation titles from the 1940s would likely be Disney Movie Club exclusive releases?

3. David Norman

David Norman Producer

I haven't read anything with any credibility, just speculation. Considering that all the BD Exclusives have been live action I guess it would surprise me a little.
    Not that I'd be unhappy about it if it happens.

4. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Why should you bur it? If you don't have it you need it. If you already have it, then you're likely not the target audience and for those that weren't Blu when the original went back in the vault and didn't buy from the Black Market this makes perfectly good sense.

High Price -- it's not particularly higher than most MSRP, so expect street price at release to be in the typical 19.99-24.99 range and $8 prorated from DMC.

5. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

With the more limited sales appeal of those animated titles it would certainly make more sense for them to be club exclusives. I definitely want them no matter how they are released.

6. Message #26 of 45 Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2018
    Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    F922A0E4-4C2B-49E3-AF54-87DC828FEFAF.
    Microsoft WordScreenSnapz001.

Available for the First Time Ever on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) January 19th
    and on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack February 2nd
    Marking the launch of The Walt Disney Signature Collection
    Featuring In-Depth Brand New Bonus Material Including “In Walt’s Words: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Iconography,” “@DisneyAnimation: Designing Disney’s First Princess,” “The Fairest Facts of Them All: 7 Facts You May Not Know About Snow White,” “Snow White in Seventy Seconds,” “Alternate
    Sequence: The Prince Meets Snow White” and Much More!
    Synopsis: Forever enchanting and inspiring, Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs embodies The Walt Disney Signature Collection’s legacy of animation. In this epic story of love and friendship, the kind and beautiful princess Snow White wins the hearts of the Seven Dwarfs and triumphs over the evil plans of a wicked Queen. Share the movie called “The Greatest Animated Film Of All Time," (American Film Institute) in High Definition Blu-ray and for the first time ever on Digital HD, with special features for the entire family!

Voice Cast: Adriana Caselotti (“The Wizard of Oz”) as Snow White; Roy Atwell (“A Powder Romance”) as Doc; Stuart Buchanan (“Super-Speed”) as Huntsman; Lucille La Verne (“Abraham Lincoln”) as Queen/Witch; Moroni Olsen (“Notorious”) as Magic Mirror; Harry Stockwell (“Here Comes the Band”) as Prince; Eddie Collins (“Drums Along the Mohawk”) as Dopey; Pinto Colvig (“Mickey and the Beanstalk”) as Sleepy/Grumpy; Billy Gilbert (“The Great Dictator”) as Sneezy; Otis Harlan (“A Midsummer Night’s Dream”) as Happy; and Scotty Mattraw (“In Old Chicago”) as Bashful.

Producer: Walt Disney

Directors: William Cottrell (Sequence Director); David Hand (Supervising Director); Wilfred Jackson (Sequence Director); Larry Morey (Sequence Director); Perce Pearce (Sequence Director); Ben Sharpsteen (Sequence Director).

Writers: Ted Sears (Story Adaptation); Richard Creedon (Story Adaption); Otto Englander (Story Adaption); Dick Rickard (Story Adaption); Earl Hurd (Story Adaptation); Merrill De Maris (Story Adaptation); Dorothy Ann Blank (Story Adaptation); Webb Smith (Story Adaptation).

Based on: “Grimm’s Fairy Tales” written by Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm

Composers: Frank Churchill (“Bambi”); Leigh Harline (“Pinocchio”); Paul Smith (“Cinderella”)

Release Dates: January 19, 2016 (Digital HD) & February 2, 2016 (Physical & Digital SD)
    Product SKUs: Disney Movies Anywhere, Digital HD & SD, Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)

Blu-ray & Digital*
    Bonus Features: In Walt’s Words: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – For the first time ever, hear Walt himself talk about Snow White.

Iconography – Explore how this film influences pop culture, art, and fashion.

@DisneyAnimation: Designing Disney’s First Princess – Modern day Disney artists discuss the design of Snow White and how it influenced the look of some of your favorite Disney characters.

The Fairest Facts of Them All: 7 Facts You May Now Know About Snow White – Disney Channel star Sofia Carson reveals seven intriguing facts about Snow White.

Snow White in Seventy Seconds – Rap along with this hip reimagining of the story.

Alternate Sequence: The Prince Meets Snow White – A never–before-seen story board sequence where the Prince meets Snow White.

*Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer

And much more!

Ratings: G in US & Canada (bonus materials are not rated)

Feature Run Time: Approximately 83 Minutes
    Aspect Ratio: 1:33:1
    Audio: Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital. DVD: English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital.
    Languages: English, French and Spanish
    Subtitles: English (ESL/SDH), French and Spanish

SOCIAL MEDIA: https://www.facebook.com/DisneySnowWhite
    #SnowWhite

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

7. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    Snow White in Seventy Seconds – Rap along with this hip reimagining of the story.

Oof!!

"Walt's Words" thing sounds good, I liked the commentary they did with Walt on Fantasia. not sure if it's enough to get me to buy again though.

8. Konstantinos

Konstantinos Screenwriter

Konstantinos
    So, it seems it drops also the original mono from the Diamond release?

9. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

But who needs the mono soundtrack when they can rap along with a hip reimagining of the story?

10. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew

If there's anyone who's on top of what's hip, it's Disney. :D

FamilyFunTime and TravisR like this.
  11. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Producer

Joel Henderson
    Looks like I'm perfectly fine sticking with the Diamond Collection release then.

12. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I'm not biting again until 4k, and even then it's contingent on the actual presentation of the film on disc and how much space will have to be devoted to previous versions. The laserdisc had a music-and-effects track never released anywhere else. Just because it's in 4k doesn't mean the colorist got everything 100% right.

13. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    I wonder if this is the same as the commentary track from the previous DVD and Blu-ray editions that was assembled from vintage Walt recordings, or if it's something new.

14. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

I'd be surprised if it's new, though I guess they could give us an "expanded version" of the old one that eliminates the comments from Roy Disney and John Canemaker and only includes Walt...

Josh Steinberg likes this.
  15. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    I had assumed it was simply going to be the same commentary from the previous disc, but Bill Hunt at the Digital Bits corrected me to say that it's apparently an all new feature. I love the vintage Walt stuff, so while I'm pretty satisfied with my current disc, if it turns out to be previously unreleased material, I'd potentially rebuy for that. But I think I'll wait for reviews to be sure.

16. Mark Mayes

Mark Mayes Stunt Coordinator

Mark Mayes
    "I'd be happy to get rid of my Blu-Ray/DVD player too, except I still need it for 3D discs."

You really, really might want to look at the "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" thread.

17. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Producer

Joel Henderson
    If I had a dollar for every time I'd read here that physical media is dying and digital is the way of the future in the last five years, I'd be a very rich man.

18. Kevin EK

Kevin EK Producer
    Reviewer

I picked this up on Blu, when it was previously released in the Diamond Edition.

Nothing for me to see here - I'm plenty good with the bonus features available here.

It's a strange place to be when you realize nearly all of the "Grail" titles you've contemplated for years are already in your possession. So when the studios re-release them yet again, there's a moment of "Wait, do I have that?" Followed by the moment of realizing you do have it, and then the moment of trying to figure out what is special about the new release. Once you realize the answer is "not much", it all just fades away to white noise.

19. Will Krupp

Will Krupp Cinematographer

Will
    Hahah...one might say that, if you can't remember whether or not you even HAVE it already, it might be a good indication that you don't NEED it. :P

Jason_V and Mark-P like this.
  20. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Some posts have been removed so let's stop with the personal comment exchange now! If you want to discuss digital versus physical media then do so in a more appropriate thread.