What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs Signature Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Konstantinos said:
These are released every few years for a limited time and going back to the vault and become OOP.
The main target audience of these Blurays are the ones that missed it the previous time.

Sleeping Beauty was released twice on Bluray, and it was the exact same transfer.
(the 2nd release just had less extras).
The 2nd also came with a Digital Copy and classier cover so if you wanted that it was worth it.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
bob kaplan said:
Happy to see this....but I am among those that would like to see the those unreleased titles on blu.....such as MELODY TIME and MAKE MINE MUSIC,,,,with all parts included. (or maybe the P.C. version and the Adult version on the same disc...then we could choose how decadent we wish to be) Then Disney could start reissuing. There has got to be some money in those titles.
Didn't I read somewhere that these remaining compilation titles from the 1940s would likely be Disney Movie Club exclusive releases?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
Didn't I read somewhere that these remaining compilation titles from the 1940s would likely be Disney Movie Club exclusive releases?
I haven't read anything with any credibility, just speculation. Considering that all the BD Exclusives have been live action I guess it would surprise me a little.
Not that I'd be unhappy about it if it happens.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
warnerbro said:
Why should we buy this? And why is the price so high? What's new here? Mr. Harris? Robert Siegel? Anyone?
Why should you bur it? If you don't have it you need it. If you already have it, then you're likely not the target audience and for those that weren't Blu when the original went back in the vault and didn't buy from the Black Market this makes perfectly good sense.

High Price -- it's not particularly higher than most MSRP, so expect street price at release to be in the typical 19.99-24.99 range and $8 prorated from DMC.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
With the more limited sales appeal of those animated titles it would certainly make more sense for them to be club exclusives. I definitely want them no matter how they are released.

David Norman said:
I haven't read anything with any credibility, just speculation. Considering that all the BD Exclusives have been live action I guess it would surprise me a little.
Not that I'd be unhappy about it if it happens.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
F922A0E4-4C2B-49E3-AF54-87DC828FEFAF.png
Microsoft WordScreenSnapz001.png

Available for the First Time Ever on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) January 19th
and on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack February 2nd
Marking the launch of The Walt Disney Signature Collection
Featuring In-Depth Brand New Bonus Material Including “In Walt’s Words: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Iconography,” “@DisneyAnimation: Designing Disney’s First Princess,” “The Fairest Facts of Them All: 7 Facts You May Not Know About Snow White,” “Snow White in Seventy Seconds,” “Alternate
Sequence: The Prince Meets Snow White” and Much More!
Synopsis: Forever enchanting and inspiring, Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs embodies The Walt Disney Signature Collection’s legacy of animation. In this epic story of love and friendship, the kind and beautiful princess Snow White wins the hearts of the Seven Dwarfs and triumphs over the evil plans of a wicked Queen. Share the movie called “The Greatest Animated Film Of All Time," (American Film Institute) in High Definition Blu-ray and for the first time ever on Digital HD, with special features for the entire family!

Voice Cast: Adriana Caselotti (“The Wizard of Oz”) as Snow White; Roy Atwell (“A Powder Romance”) as Doc; Stuart Buchanan (“Super-Speed”) as Huntsman; Lucille La Verne (“Abraham Lincoln”) as Queen/Witch; Moroni Olsen (“Notorious”) as Magic Mirror; Harry Stockwell (“Here Comes the Band”) as Prince; Eddie Collins (“Drums Along the Mohawk”) as Dopey; Pinto Colvig (“Mickey and the Beanstalk”) as Sleepy/Grumpy; Billy Gilbert (“The Great Dictator”) as Sneezy; Otis Harlan (“A Midsummer Night’s Dream”) as Happy; and Scotty Mattraw (“In Old Chicago”) as Bashful.

Producer: Walt Disney

Directors: William Cottrell (Sequence Director); David Hand (Supervising Director); Wilfred Jackson (Sequence Director); Larry Morey (Sequence Director); Perce Pearce (Sequence Director); Ben Sharpsteen (Sequence Director).

Writers: Ted Sears (Story Adaptation); Richard Creedon (Story Adaption); Otto Englander (Story Adaption); Dick Rickard (Story Adaption); Earl Hurd (Story Adaptation); Merrill De Maris (Story Adaptation); Dorothy Ann Blank (Story Adaptation); Webb Smith (Story Adaptation).

Based on: “Grimm’s Fairy Tales” written by Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm

Composers: Frank Churchill (“Bambi”); Leigh Harline (“Pinocchio”); Paul Smith (“Cinderella”)

Release Dates: January 19, 2016 (Digital HD) & February 2, 2016 (Physical & Digital SD)
Product SKUs: Disney Movies Anywhere, Digital HD & SD, Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital)

Blu-ray & Digital*
Bonus Features: In Walt’s Words: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – For the first time ever, hear Walt himself talk about Snow White.

Iconography – Explore how this film influences pop culture, art, and fashion.

@DisneyAnimation: Designing Disney’s First Princess – Modern day Disney artists discuss the design of Snow White and how it influenced the look of some of your favorite Disney characters.

The Fairest Facts of Them All: 7 Facts You May Now Know About Snow White – Disney Channel star Sofia Carson reveals seven intriguing facts about Snow White.

Snow White in Seventy Seconds – Rap along with this hip reimagining of the story.

Alternate Sequence: The Prince Meets Snow White – A never–before-seen story board sequence where the Prince meets Snow White.

*Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer

And much more!

Ratings: G in US & Canada (bonus materials are not rated)

Feature Run Time: Approximately 83 Minutes
Aspect Ratio: 1:33:1
Audio: Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital. DVD: English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital.
Languages: English, French and Spanish
Subtitles: English (ESL/SDH), French and Spanish

SOCIAL MEDIA: https://www.facebook.com/DisneySnowWhite
#SnowWhite

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Snow White in Seventy Seconds – Rap along with this hip reimagining of the story.

Oof!!

"Walt's Words" thing sounds good, I liked the commentary they did with Walt on Fantasia. not sure if it's enough to get me to buy again though.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Ronald Epstein said:
Audio: Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital. DVD: English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital.
So, it seems it drops also the original mono from the Diamond release?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Looks like I'm perfectly fine sticking with the Diamond Collection release then.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm not biting again until 4k, and even then it's contingent on the actual presentation of the film on disc and how much space will have to be devoted to previous versions. The laserdisc had a music-and-effects track never released anywhere else. Just because it's in 4k doesn't mean the colorist got everything 100% right.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Ronald Epstein said:
Bonus Features: In Walt’s Words: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – For the first time ever, hear Walt himself talk about Snow White.

I wonder if this is the same as the commentary track from the previous DVD and Blu-ray editions that was assembled from vintage Walt recordings, or if it's something new.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Josh Steinberg said:
I wonder if this is the same as the commentary track from the previous DVD and Blu-ray editions that was assembled from vintage Walt recordings, or if it's something new.
Josh Steinberg said:

I'd be surprised if it's new, though I guess they could give us an "expanded version" of the old one that eliminates the comments from Roy Disney and John Canemaker and only includes Walt...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Colin Jacobson said:
I'd be surprised if it's new, though I guess they could give us an "expanded version" of the old one that eliminates the comments from Roy Disney and John Canemaker and only includes Walt...

I had assumed it was simply going to be the same commentary from the previous disc, but Bill Hunt at the Digital Bits corrected me to say that it's apparently an all new feature. I love the vintage Walt stuff, so while I'm pretty satisfied with my current disc, if it turns out to be previously unreleased material, I'd potentially rebuy for that. But I think I'll wait for reviews to be sure.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I picked this up on Blu, when it was previously released in the Diamond Edition.

Nothing for me to see here - I'm plenty good with the bonus features available here.

It's a strange place to be when you realize nearly all of the "Grail" titles you've contemplated for years are already in your possession. So when the studios re-release them yet again, there's a moment of "Wait, do I have that?" Followed by the moment of realizing you do have it, and then the moment of trying to figure out what is special about the new release. Once you realize the answer is "not much", it all just fades away to white noise.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Kevin EK said:
So when the studios re-release them yet again, there's a moment of "Wait, do I have that?" Followed by the moment of realizing you do have it...

Hahah...one might say that, if you can't remember whether or not you even HAVE it already, it might be a good indication that you don't NEED it. :P

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Some posts have been removed so let's stop with the personal comment exchange now! If you want to discuss digital versus physical media then do so in a more appropriate thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks