Small (in size) sub needed

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Michael.M.C, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Michael.M.C

Michael.M.C Stunt Coordinator

For a weekend cottage, where I have the tv, receiver, dvd, and three of the (five) speakers on a rack on wheels the wife insists I have to store in a closet, I need a subwoofer no more than about a foot in height that will fit in this rack so I am guessing an 8" will work.

Its s fairly small room area and the sub does not have to be of great quality since its only used about 20 weekends a year.

Anyone know or recommend a small sub I should look at?

Thanks!

2. KevinWEL

KevinWEL Stunt Coordinator

I've heard the old sony SA WM10 was a pretty good sub at only $100. It's not in production anymore but occasionally I see them for sale online. Not sure about their new line.

3. Nan H

Nan H Agent

small sub...small budget? about what price range are you looking at. there are some powerful small subs out there. just to name a few. sunfire true sub, pinnacle baby boomer, Miller and kreisel (M&K)K-serie, velodyne spl series, Paradigm Reference Seismic,Definitive tech supercubes, now these sub are pricey, but they were just some ideas to help you on your search. also you may hear people talking about svs monster subs... now this might be a overkill but i think they have a new product of a smaller sub thats worth taking a look at. if not i'm sure you can find something good on ebay...

happy hunting

4. Pete_M3

Pete_M3 Agent

The Hsu STF-1 is an 8-inch sub that is slightly larger than you want (19”(h)/11”(w)/16”(d)), but it's a lot of sub for the money. (replace the *** with "www" to complete the link below)

***.hsustore.com/stf1.html

When you get really small with a sub, you work against physics, which in most cases costs a lot of money. (see the tiny Sunfires as an example).

5. Pete_M3

Pete_M3 Agent

another one to consider is the 10-inch Titanic from partsexpress.com, it's a 14 inch cube, which is pretty small (due to its sealed design) but should compete pretty well with the Hsu STF-1, both getting down to about 30 Hz.