What's new

Need help in configuring my home theatre (1 Viewer)

Goodshepherd

Auditioning
Real Name
Raj
Hi guys,
Need some advise on my home theatre setup. Below is my setup. Only change is instead of 'sb-1000 pro' i have 'pb-1000 pro'. I tried different configuration, but the sound is still sub-par. Don't know what i am missing. Also, There is a small rattling noise coming from the sub. Not sure if its a hardware issue or if its due to wrong settings. Plz help. Thanks

Room size: 17x11.5ft
Accoustics with poly wool, perforated plywood, acoustic fabric and wooden flooring.
0afd4783-3d22-4b0a-89e6-279df13f2351.JPG

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You have good equipment. Would you explain what you find sub-par about it? Have you run the calibration?

Goodshepherd

Auditioning
Real Name
Raj
You have good equipment. Would you explain what you find sub-par about it? Have you run the calibration?
Yes. I tried 9 point calibration with dirac. However it couldn't be completed as it kept saying "too much noise, increase the volume" or "high volume, lower the volume" and calibration wasnt completed. So i tried with 3 point calibration. But again the same issue recurred. And sub was producing bare minimum sound and i had to manually increase the sub volume and then subsequently for the other speakers too

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
hmm sounds like something amiss with the Reciever as the Dirac should work pretty good from what
I have heard. Did you have any backround noise or similar during the calibration??

where did you place the sub? also do you know about REW and a UMik??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks