What's new

Sleep timer (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Roy Rogers
I was wondering if there was a way for all my components to turn off on one timer I have a Panasonic Panasonic SC-HT95 HTiB, Sony Bravia 30" and a standard converter box Thank you Dan

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
You could try different macros in a universal remote where step one was a delay of XX minutes and step two sends the power off commands for your components. You don't want a solution that will actually cut the power to the components.

Real Name
Roy Rogers
Thanks Adam I never had any luck with universal remotes, i just want all units to turn off, i know it can be done by setting each component i just wanted one to override the reat

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Before you give up on universal remotes check out Logitech Harmony brand. These are very popular around here. I have had one for years and would recommend nothing else (I tried an One For All and it was okay, but not like the Harmony).

Real Name
Roy Rogers
Thanks David I will try the harmony, i see they have an advanced model, does it matter which model or are they all good Dan

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The two compared in that review are the top of the line remotes. Harmony has less expensive models as well. I have an older 680 that I paid about $70 for a few years ago. While I'd like to have a one of those in the review, my 680 performs just fine so I haven't been tempted (so far :D ).

Real Name
Roy Rogers
I just remembered i had a universal before and i had a problem, i use cable provider box and remote control to search channels , this could be a problem with the harmony

Real Name
Roy Rogers
Hi David I bought the Harmony 300 and it is working good, there is a tv guide button :) i can't seem to find if the 300 has a timer capability or do i have to upgrade to a better model ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks