What's new

3-d playback problems (1 Viewer)

Stuart77

Auditioning
Real Name
Stuart berrow
I have a problem 3-d disks not playing because of playback issues, I had a Xbox one I used for many years for my 3d’s but I updated it and I can’t play 3-ds now as Microsoft don’t support 3-ds , I tried a new 3-d machine and same error message I tried a 10 year old 3-d player same thing happened,

I have TX-L47DT65B Panasonic tv

Sony THEATRE SYSTEM HT-IS100

Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Blu-Ray 3D Player

If I plug the blu ray player into the tv I can play them no problem but I have a sound bar for thats not the surround sound not the end of the world but so annoying as I wished I never updated my Xbox 😔

I’ve tried setting on the blu ray machine but only gives you 720 1080i or 1080p makes no difference.

I don’t understand why an old 3-d player won’t work with my old surround sound and old tv

Anybody have any ideas 💡

Stuart77

Auditioning
Real Name
Stuart berrow
This Disc has recognized that your player and/or display does not support 3D playback"

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
@Todd Erwin 's question needs to be answered for best results but it sounds like the soundbar doesn't support the proper HDMI version and has thus, broken the chain. Every device in said chain needs to support version 1.4 at a minimum but better compatibility was introduced with versions 1.4a and 1.4b.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The Sony HTIB does not support 3D. It was released prior to the introduction of HDMI v1.4. You could hookup the Blu-ray player via HDMI to the TV and then run an optical cable from the Blu-ray to the Sony HTIB. That should give you 3D on the TV and 5.1 Dolby and DTS on the home theater.

Stuart77

Auditioning
Real Name
Stuart berrow
I used my Xbox one for about 6 years through my Sony theatre system no problems at all, but since the Microsoft update can’t play 3/d films

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I used my Xbox one for about 6 years through my Sony theatre system no problems at all, but since the Microsoft update can’t play 3/d films
Still no mention of specific error message?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My one observation is, since there is the same problem with three different players, it's probably due to something else.

Stuart77

Auditioning
Real Name
Stuart berrow
Since the update of Microsoft it says ‘This Disc has recognized that your player and/or display does not support 3D playback"

Before the update 3-d discs worked perfectly

Stuart77

Auditioning
Real Name
Stuart berrow
My one observation is, since there is the same problem with three different players, it's probably due to something else.
I think I’m screwed I used Xbox 360 and Xbox one for years no issues , but now Microsoft do not support 3-ds, I’m having problems I will just use my sound direct into my tv, but thanks for your help,

Stuart77

Auditioning
Real Name
Stuart berrow
The Sony HTIB does not support 3D. It was released prior to the introduction of HDMI v1.4. You could hookup the Blu-ray player via HDMI to the TV and then run an optical cable from the Blu-ray to the Sony HTIB. That should give you 3D on the TV and 5.1 Dolby and DTS on the home theater.
Todd Erwin you’re a super star just tried it, it work perfect 👍🏻 Thankyou so much have a good Christmas buddy 🎄

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks