What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Six Million Dollar Man & The Bionic Woman in HD in 2018 (1 Viewer)

Classic44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Some actors just have that "it" quality to them. They can deliver lines and give the material that quality it otherwise would not have. Harrison Ford is not an actor with allot of range either, but he knew how to harvest something genuine from some of the dumbest lines ever written in Star Wars that no one else could have pulled off. And God knows we saw what those lines looked like in later films when Lucas didn't get the right actors to pull that off. So I don't think people are giving Lee his just recognition. He wasn't delivering Shakespeare.

For me, I have to weigh the strength of what is being said versus the success in which the actor delivers it. Lee Majors had allot of pedestrian material to shuffle through for five years on that show. None of it was terribly fascinating if he was not the custodian of that dialogue. But if he had to tell you how the grass grows in your back yard, I bet he would hold your attention longer than if Marlon Brando did it.

It's not always about range, but how sincere you are in speaking it. Lee Majors could always hold my attention, but I can never say any of that had much to do with the material he was handed. I understand it's all subjective, but that has to account for something fairly important given his resume and enduring popularity.

Bisson

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul K. Bisson
Six Million Dollar Man soundtrack, including the music to the Bionic Woman two parter and the The Secret of Bigfoot, is my last big Holy Grail. James

Would you settle for half a Grail? ;)

Bionic_Woman_return_of_Big_foot_1024x1024.jpg

The Bionic Woman - Episodic Collection Vol. 2 - The Return of Bigfoot Part 2 was released in September 2008, the second official soundtrack for The Bionic Woman. Featuring the complete score from "The Return of Bigfoot Part II" as well as unused tracks and bonus tracks. Released exclusively through JoeHarnell.com – now out of print. The website also now defunct, sadly.

The other volumes – all out of print:
Vol. 1 - Kill Oscar Parts 1 & 3
Vol. 3 - Doomsday Is Tomorrow Part 2 • The Martians Are Coming, The Martians Are Coming
Vol. 4 - Bionic Beauty • Deadly Ringer • Once A Thief

The good news is that volumes 2 and 4 were reissued in digital format in 2012 an 2014, respectively. So you can stream (Spotify) or download (iTunes, Amazon) both albums or just your favorite tracks. My personal favorite track Bigfoot track is #14 - Bionic Trio where Joe masterly counterpoints Oliver Nelson's Six Million Dollar Man theme with his own Bionic Woman theme. Brilliant.

51OL68Q-tBL.jpg

Track Listing
1. RETURN OF BIGFOOT Part One Recap (2:09)
2. BIONIC WOMAN Main Title (Unused version) (1:21)
THE RETURN OF BIGFOOT - PART TWO
3. Opening Credits / Helicopter Ride (2:00)
4. Jaime Drops In / Jaime Vs. Bigfoot / Arrival At San Angelo (7:28)
5. Entering The Complex / Bionic Hand Crank (1:16)
6. Steve Is Dying / Shalon’s Choice (1:24)
7. Jaime Vs. Bigfoot - Round 2 (2:29)
8. Gillian Visits Steve (0:56)
9. Volcano / Jaime and Bigfoot / Gillian Appears (2:18)
10. Healing Steve / Shalon Faints* (1:40)
11. Jaime Tunnelling / Act Out (0:44)
12. Steve Awakens / Breaking Through / Volcano (0:56)
13. Steve Vs. Bigfoot* / Bionic Action (5:47)
14. Bionic Trio* / Things Heat Up / Heroic Bigfoot (5:23)
15. Shalon In Stasis / Steve and Jaime (3:16)
16. BIONIC WOMAN End Credit (0:28)

BONUS TRACKS
17. Entering The Complex - Alt. (0:20)
18. Bionic Hand Crank - Alt. (0:58)
19. Steve Is Dying - Alt.* (0:45)
20. Healing Steve / Shalon Faints - Alt. (1:39)

TRACKING CUES
21. Jaime’s Action Theme - Tymp Solo (0:27)
22. Jaime’s Action Theme - Tymp Solo (Faster) (0:26)
23. Jaime’s Action Theme - Tymp and Piano Solos (0:32)
24. Jaime’s Action Theme - Tymp and Piano Solos (Faster) (0:26)

* Contains Theme From “THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN” - By Oliver Nelson

Paul K. Bisson
BIONICFANS.NET
CYBORGS: A Bionic Podcast

Updated: I thought I read "Return of Bigfoot" in James' post. Hence my detailed reply. At least Joe quotes Luchi De Jesus' Bigfoot motif! And, truly, that Bionic Trio cue is great.

Last edited:

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
I think the most cringe-worthy moment Mr. Majors gave us (by far) was his "singing" in the 2-part "Bionic Woman" episode.

Never cared for either the Bionic Man or Woman, but have to say, Major's singing voice was rather good enough to warble 'The Ballad of the Unknown Stuntman' for the infinitely more enjoyable series, The Fall Guy - which still has not been given a proper DVD and/or Blu-ray complete series release! For shame.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Never cared for either the Bionic Man or Woman, but have to say, Major's singing voice was rather good enough to warble 'The Ballad of the Unknown Stuntman' for the infinitely more enjoyable series, The Fall Guy - which still has not been given a proper DVD and/or Blu-ray complete series release! For shame.

His singing of The Fall Guy theme is just fine, but his earlier effort of "Sweet Jaime" on $6M Man is still really, really bad (though it probably seemed like a good idea at the time).

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
His singing of The Fall Guy theme is just fine, but his earlier effort of "Sweet Jaime" on $6M Man is still really, really bad (though it probably seemed like a good idea at the time).

Disagree totally. HIs singing of "Sweet Jaimie" is outstanding. It's a beautiful melody and Majors vocal talents will stand the test of time. Universal should have released a pop version of the tune and gave it to radio stations to play. It's a travesty I tell you

James

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Disagree totally. HIs singing of "Sweet Jaimie" is outstanding. It's a beautiful melody and Majors vocal talents will stand the test of time. Universal should have released a pop version of the tune and gave it to radio stations to play. It's a travesty I tell you

James
I've never heard it, and I have a feeling you're being tongue in cheek! His vocals for The Fall Guy aren't all that terrible. With a little bit of auto tune he could sound really good. Even if he's a little "off" he's still better than 95% of what passes for music these days. :D

Bisson

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul K. Bisson
Direct link to the Elephant Films FB post:
Actually, this link leads to the REALM of RETRO Sci-Fi Facebook video that Elephant Films shared in their announcement promoting their SMDM Blu-ray – but NOT the announcement itself. In fact, the announcement itself seems to have been DELETED! A keyword search of all their posts reveals nothing for "Six Million Dollar Man." And http://www.elephantfilms.com/ has nothing to offer beyond a splash page image. Does not bode well for this so-called Blu-ray release.

Paul K. Bisson
BIONICFANS.NET
CYBORGS PODCAST

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
Actually, this link leads to the REALM of RETRO Sci-Fi Facebook video that Elephant Films shared in their announcement promoting their SMDM Blu-ray – but NOT the announcement itself. In fact, the announcement itself seems to have been DELETED! A keyword search of all their posts reveals nothing for "Six Million Dollar Man." And http://www.elephantfilms.com/ has nothing to offer beyond a splash page image. Does not bode well for this so-called Blu-ray release.

Paul K. Bisson
BIONICFANS.NET
CYBORGS PODCAST
I noticed they deleted the post a few weeks ago. I don't know how your browser works but I just get a "Page not available...." page instead, no "Realm of Retro Sci-fi" video at all. My French is non-existant so can't say whether the cancellation was addressed at some later point.

Bisson

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul K. Bisson
I noticed they deleted the post a few weeks ago. I don't know how your browser works but I just get a "Page not available...." page instead, no "Realm of Retro Sci-fi" video at all. My French is non-existant so can't say whether the cancellation was addressed at some later point.
Sorry, you're absolutely right. I worded that wrong. The post has been deleted and you do get a "Page Not Available." I should have said that the link Elephant Films used in their (now deleted) post was REALM of RETRO Sci-Fi Facebook video – which still exists on Facebook.

But I actually do have some real updated news to share. I messaged Elephant Films through Facebook and asked if they had any updates on their Six Million Dollar Man Blu-ray release. They replied, "Not for the moment." I found this curious since their post – which must have had over 100 replies and sub-replies, Likes, etc. – very enthusiastically promoted an end of 2018 release. So I asked if they were still planning to release it this year. They replied, "It was not for this year we never said that. Maybe the end of 2019. Kind regards."

Curiouser and curiouser. So I showed them the screenshot and called them out. I was now less concerned with release dates and just annoyed that they were lying to me. Suffice it to say that we exchanged more words. They admitted deleting the Facebook post because the release date had changed – which is their right, of course. But I questioned the way they handled the whole thing; deleting the announcement and not giving us a new update in its place, and playing dumb when asked about it, denying ever having made an announcement in the first place.

In the end, the only thing that truly matters is that the wait continues. "Maybe the end of 2019."

Paul K. Bisson
BIONICFANS.NET
CYBORGS PODCAST

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I should have said that the link Elephant Films used in their (now deleted) post was REALM of RETRO Sci-Fi Facebook video – which still exists on Facebook.

So you had to all-cap two of the words in the name of the site, or it would not work?

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
Ok. For those who might be interested in THE INCREDIBLE HULK, Éléphant Films answered back to me saying that the blu-ray is now scheduled for August 28 in France. 6MDM and BW are now postponed for spring 2019.

MarkerB

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Some actors... can deliver lines and give the material that quality it otherwise would not have. Harrison Ford is not an actor with allot of range either, but he knew how to harvest something genuine from some of the dumbest lines...
Wow. You've made an incredibly well articulated case here! It prompted me to consider where I was coming from when I made my original post. I realize my problem with Major's stiff style is very personal, and has nothing to do with his suitability for playing Steve Austin.

When I was a kid, Majors was the perfect macho dude, and I wanted to be just like him.

As an adult, I generally feel uncomfortable around, and even annoyed by, the "strong and silent" types. I'm a guy who's learned to wear his heart on his sleeve, and these men with a cramped-up expressive style aren't fun nor emotionally engaging. Furthermore, they all seem like time bombs of rage to me. If they can't express themselves openly, are they just pressing down their life's frustrations? When they get pushed too much, or get drunk, will they become explosively violent?

So, that's my damage. I take it back what I said. Majors was perfect for the role! Thanks for making me a think a little more about it.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Is the Bionic Woman still happening? I haven't heard a thing, and I believe it should have been announced by now!

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
Is the Bionic Woman still happening? I haven't heard a thing, and I believe it should have been announced by now!

As for the France's Elephant Films blu-ray release that was supposed to be out in 2018, it has been several times pushed back to a further date. It is now schedule for autumn 2021. It was synched with the cinema release of the remake of the Six Million Dollar Man (Six Billion...). Elephant was capitalizing on the movie to promote both HD blu-rays of The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

Thought it was the ultimate love song. I liked it. I'm hoping that "Sweet, Jaime" will be included on a Six Million Dollar Man soundtrack some day. It just HAS to. Really.

--jthree

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
As for the France's Elephant Films blu-ray release that was supposed to be out in 2018, it has been several times pushed back to a further date. It is now schedule for autumn 2021. It was synched with the cinema release of the remake of the Six Million Dollar Man (Six Billion...). Elephant was capitalizing on the movie to promote both HD blu-rays of The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman.
Thanks, it is near impossible trying to find info about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks