What's new

Six Feet Under 8/5...I've got a lot of living to do (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I loved the little song and dance number. Did you notice that Kathy Bates directed? This is at least her second episode.
- Steve
------------------
gotremo.jpg

Got Remo?

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
The plot thickens as the season draws to an end!
What will happen to Brenda's brother?
The sisters' "friend"?
Federico, will he come back?
The mom and the Russian?
The lady that they hired/fired in this show?
(I thought she was good too!)
Hum, seems like another HBO show we all watch with all of these plots!
wink.gif

BTW-What will we watch after this season ends? Until the Soprano's starts?
redface.gif

------------------
Regards,
Todd

My HT

Jodee

Screenwriter
My only disapointment is that I was hoping Illeana Douglas was going to be a new permanent character on the show.
I love her
frown.gif

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Do you mean until HBO starts re-airing all 3 seasons of The Sopranos or the brand new season?
Really good episode this week. I was seriously starting to think this show was falling into a creative rut (somebody dies, a funeral happens, somebody gets screwed up on drugs, etc.), but this ep thankfully restored my faith.
Despite the fact that Claire's boyfriend is a pretty despicable character, I actually started to care about him this time round; hope he doesn't do what the end sequence insinuated (sucide).
By the way, I was laughing my ass off when David had the fantasy sequence of being stabbed by the homeless man and Officer Keith saving him.
"You can't die! Not until we make love one last time!"
laugh.gif

As for Illeana Douglas' character: I can understand why she got fired; she was REALLY annoying. She's a great actress though (anybody see Grace of My Heart?); despite my feelings about her part, I hope she can come back in a more subdued way. On another note, I'd like to say she looked quite hot. :)
All in all, probably the best ep so far. Can't wait for next week.
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm rather looking forward to having my Sunday nights free for viewing other things, especially with the fall DVD release schedule. (Band of Brothers holds no interest for me.)
M.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The character development in 6FU is pretty damn good. I'm amazed at how much stuff they can throw in one hour.
Ileana Douglas's walk-on part was meaty, and within the course of an hour, showed many sides of her (the talky/nosey/sexually free side as well as the non-accountable side - breaking Ruth's glasses). Her main contribution is letting Ruth know that David is gay. Up until now, David's sexual orientation for Ruth has never been cemented in her mind. But now, she knows.
I knew by the end of the hour everyone would get a gander at Billy shot of Nathan's "Man pees on wall" photo. :)
Billy may be the one who causes even more havoc by the season finale. They've set him up to be totally unstable, though I can see Brenda getting drawn into the fray.
Nate finally makes a commitment to Brenda, and it's done with such subtle touch, in an ordinary, but caring situation, not in the throes of passion.
David's daydreams are becoming on par with Brian Benben's in "Dream on". :)
What is with that church volunteer groupie chick?
Claire is just attracted to trouble. Nate made some cogent observations with Claire and how she's dealing with their father's passing. That Dimes kid is also trouble.
Ruth's date with Nikolai was treading on Soprano territory, but it was fun to watch Ruth extricate herself from that confrontation with that other woman in the lady's room.
And I knew the Fisher boys would be grovelling to get Frederico back.
Oh, and I loved the opening death scene, that was funny.
Yet another fine episode, and Kathy Bates did well on the directing duties.
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Kevin_W

Second Unit
Man... what is happening to David? His fantasies, pushing himself on Keith, phone sex, and only who knows what based on next week's previews. His character is really going to get interesting I think.
And, please, PLEASE Nate... cut that hair! :)
Kevin
[Edited last by Kevin_W on August 06, 2001 at 08:45 AM]

Jodee

Screenwriter
I think the writers missed a great opportunity. They should have included a provocative shot of Claire among Billy's photographs.
I don't recall Nate being aware of Claire's brief flirtation/fling with Billy and it would have been interesting to let him discover it this way. I think it would have created more tension than the peeing against the wall picture.
I'm surprised the writers let that Billy/Claire subplot go without any further effects, etc.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Another great epsiode (only 3 left til March
frown.gif
).
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Peter Krause will be interviewed on NPR next week (Tuesday morning I believe), for those who are interested. They started a series of conversations with actors about auditions. The first episode was this morning, featuring Ed Asner.
/Mike
[Edited last by MickeS on August 07, 2001 at 11:09 AM]

Mike Hughes

Auditioning
This could be the most underrated show on tv, the first half of the first episode it looked weak, then it started slowly picking up momentum. Right now, this show takes you where no other has, the depth they allow for the development of these characters is second to none.
I will anxiously await the return next year...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks